Bridge House – a Boulder-based non-profit organization dedicated to ending homelessness one person at a time through access to employment, training, and housing – is seeking a full time Catering Coordinator for our catering social enterprise. Passionate about food and eager to support a good cause – this job is for you!
• Assist Executive Chef and Kitchen staff with all needs
• Respond to all catering inquiries via email, website or phone within 24 hours
• Manage all interactions to determine event needs, set meetings, site-walks, se Provide occasional food prep for catering events
• Set up rental reservations, bartending services if necessary using CTK contacts
• Prepare catering proposals based on customer needs (menu, pricing, contract guidelines)
• Maintain Catering Event Calendar - ensure Executive Chef has proposals in advance (each Thursday for following week)
• Print Food labels for each event, attend large events to network & assist in set up/tear down if needed.
• Market Catering services to increase customer base
• Pack Catering props/equipment when necessary
• Track cost and profit by catering event
• Maintain all catering equipment & stationary (label, tongs, signage, kitchen needs, etc.)
• Provide onsite customer service at events
• Independently manage small events as needed
• Provide occasional food prep for catering events
Skills & proficiencies:
• Data Entry Skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Communication Skills
• Team Work
• Cooking experience preferred
Education: BA or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Catering and/or food service management experience required.
Availability: Flexible schedule. Working nights and weekends is expected
Non-Discrimination Policy Bridge House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the spirit of the intent of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state of local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment and includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct that has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as clients, vendors, consultants, etc.