Homepaired Live-in Childcare is opportunity to explore a new place and live in or near NYC. It’s also making a difference in little minds. Families want more than just basic childcare, they want smart and talented students teaching their little ones new and exciting things. They want YOU to bring your unique set of skills to the table.
Why Homepaired? As parents ourselves, we know how important it is for young people to have exciting experiences. That’s one reason why we started Homepaired. Building new networks and connections is a good way to start your career. Being a homepair is a way to live making a wage and living room and board free. While caring for a families children is the priority, you are also able to explore NYC in your free time and pursue your other interests and goals. Terms are flexible from just a summer up to a year + placements.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves children first and foremost and is looking for something new and adventurous.
Responsibilities are multi-faceted and will vary depending on the family’s needs. The most important task is providing exceptional care of the host family’s children. Typically the responsibilities all relate to their care. Some of these duties include playing, helping with homework, preparing meals, driving the children to activities/sports, bathing, laundry and tidying up their room. Often the job will include travel and paid vacation as part of the package.
Qualified candidates have the following: Medical insurance and be authorized to work in the US.
• -At least 1 year of proven childcare experience
• -Must be able to take initiative and exude patience
• -Have a creative mindset and strong time management skills
• -Must provide 2-3 personal and professional references
• -Must be able to work 30-40+ hours a week (all hours over 40 are considered paid OT)
• -Must be in good physical and mental health
• -Pass a basic background check -potentially a drug test and driver’s record check
• -CPR and special needs knowledge /certifications are a plus
We are officially launching later in May so sign up a profile today and get ready to search and book with a family soon. For more information please visit our website and contact us with any questions. We'll be in touch soon.
Follow us on Instagram @homepaired for more info as well.
We look forward to seeing you on our site!
live-in, nanny, childcare, babysitter, new york, family