Customer Service Representative
Bi-Lingual Benefit Customer Service Representative
As a Bi-Lingual Benefit Customer Service Representative you will have the rewarding opportunity to help our Spanish client members through the enrollment process, and when making updates to their health care and/or pension plans. We allow you the freedom to take the time necessary to provide the highest level of service. You will start out on one client, and with dedication to our clients , you will be cross trained to provide assistance on multiple clients. You will spend your day either on the phone, or providing assistance through webchat conversations and email. We provide superior service center environment in professional buildings where you will be recognized for your dedication.
During our busy season you will be expected to work a 40 hour week and overtime when requested. During our off season, your hours will fluctuate between 32 to 40 hours depending on client need.
This is a seasonal role, however we ask our high performers to remain with us to assist on other clients, and offer the top performers a full-time opportunity. All of our supervisors and managers started out as seasonal colleagues – will you be one?
• Quickly build rapport and respond to Spanish speaking customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
• Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism, and diplomacy during difficult calls
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
• Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
• Read and understand client’s plan documents and online knowledgebase tools while collecting relevant information to determine immediate requests/questions and also to anticipate the future needs of the member
• Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
• Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes in English is a professional manner
• Regularly participate in team meetings and training
• You will spend the majority of your time assisting customers
• Perform other duties as assigned
You easily move between English and Spanish in conversation and are excited to learn new things, have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve while coming to work every day on-time. You have patience, and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of our client members. You have strong written commination skills, both written and verbal, and are dedicated to well written client notes and instant message communications without the use of slang or emoji’s. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone, email, and instant message!
HELPING PEOPLE - NO WEEKENDS - NORMAL Business Hours
• MUST have excellent Spanish language skills
• MUST have ability to move seamlessly between Spanish and English calls
• MUST have the ability to translate Spanish calls into grammatically correct English call notes
• Ability to quickly assess member concerns and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a structured environment – adhering, following protocols
• High level attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to organize work
• Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone/instant messaging
• Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to type 30 words a minute
• Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
• Experience working in a customer service environment
• High School degree required
The following are a plus
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree nice to have
• Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans
• Experience working in a call center environment
The client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, the client has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Our Benefit Outsourcing Solutions business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our purpose is to help our clients’ employees realize the full potential of their benefits; helping them be happier, healthier and more secure.
customer service, customer service representative, customer relations, Spanish, Bilingual