Job Title: Construction Planner I
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
Project Duration: 12+ months contract position with a possibility of an extension
Shift: Regular Business Hours
• Constructs, builds, repairs, and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks to provide voice, video, and data to residential and commercial customers. Coordinates with other utilities for permits, joint trench, pole applications, and service issues.
• Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
• Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
• Coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
• Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
• Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects.
• Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating (revenue-delete) cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
• Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
• Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
• Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
• Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or ROW agreements, completes route designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
• May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices.
• May plan and allocate fibers for splicing and activation.
• May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
• Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability
• As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of project.
• Typical Training / Experience - HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
• Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Entry level support role requiring basic skills; can perform some of the basic tasks within the function; some impact at the job or department level.
• Problem Complexity - Performs simple, routine work; Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction; Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Any deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor/manager.
• Autonomy - Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment; Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor/manager.
• Knowledge - Assignments require minimal knowledge beyond the assigned work; Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
• Research and review preliminary proposed routes.
• Determine all jurisdictions relevant to the project.
• Performs field engineering of proposed projects as necessary.
• Complete all required applications.
• Submit plans to CADD, ROW and Administrators as needed.
• Work closely with Project Planners to resolve any complications that may arise.
Typical Training / Experience:
HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; Specialized skill training/certification may be required; 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility required.
Top 5 Qualities:
• Previous Project Management.
• Knowledge of Las Vegas ROW a plus.
• Knowledge of Aerial and Underground Construction methods a plus.
• Excellent interaction and communication skills.
• Intermediate or better computer skills.
Fiber, Fiber Optics, Right of Way, Right-of-Way, ROW, Underground, Aerial, Outside Plant, OSP, HFC