Experienced mechanical estimator seeking opportunities as an entry level engineer
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering February 2015
The City College of New York
Designing of a HVAC System- Group Leader
• Performed building heating and cooling load calculations to determine the equipment, ductwork sizing & layout.
• Designed a HVAC system for a two story NYS College building using the ASHRAE standards and Blueprint provided, to maintain the required internal conditions.
• Modified the duct design and HVAC system design to reduce the implementation and maintenance cost, using SolidWorks and E-Quest Software.
Solid modeling and FEA analysis of wind shield wiper
• Using engineering principles took measurements of a Nissan Altima wind shield wiper and created a clay model. Used the clay model and its measurements to create a solid model for the wiper
• Performed FEA analysis by creating constraints and boundary conditions of creating the snow stuck conditions for the wiper
• Identified designed flaws using the FEA analysis results and suggested design improvements for better performance
Senior Design: Stair climbing wheelchair - Team Leader
• Designed and manufactured a working prototype of a stair climbing wheelchair using tri-wheel.
• Modified the tri wheel designed to have more ground clearance, wheel traction, higher torque, created an easy and effective transmission system for the vehicle.
• Created BOM within the budget constraints to minimize the manufacturing and material costs.
• Programmed and designed a microcontroller for the powertrain and transmission of the vehicle.
Aerodynamic study of Lamborghini Gallardo and Bloodhound supersonic car
• Designed a simplified solid model of the vehicles to be used for the Aerodynamic studies using ANSYS Fluent.
• Calculated and analyzed the Lift, drag, moment coefficients, the behavior of the streamlines and pressure-velocity contours at different velocities and angle of attack and boundary constraints.
• Designed a mesh using local and global mesh refinements techniques to achieve convergence in results and to verify the experiment results based on the results and by using engineering judgment.
Mechanical- Cost Estimator/Assistant PM – TCT Cost Consultants New York, NY April. 2015 - Present
• Performs quantity takeoff, provides estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan for the HVAC, Plumbing and fire protection systems.
• Participates effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to product manager.
• Review Mechanical drawings for various HVAC systems including boilers, and chillers.
• Provides input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts
• Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages
• Assist in the production of bid documentation and coordinates with architects & mechanical design engineers through the designing process to produce a cost effective design.
• Identified improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate project manager.
SAT Tutor - Metropolitan Learning center Queens, NY Sept. 2012- June 2013
• Taught a classroom of 30+ high school students SAT math and reading course materials
• Taught students problem solving and time saving strategies for the SAT and NY Regents Exams.
• Prepared power point lecture slides for each lecture and drafted assignments and coursework.
Quality Analyst Intern – Fortunoff Information Services New York, NY May 2010 – Aug. 2010
• Assisted customers with solving technical problems by providing guidance with software& hardware performance
• Resolved password log in, network connectivity, printing problems, and basic hardware and application issues
• Worked with technicians and analysts to maintain standard products for computers, OS systems and mobiles
Computing Programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
Engineering Software: Solidworks (FEM), Selenium, Automation Web Testing, Matlab, ANSYS Fluent
Design Software: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro/Engineering Wildfire
Technical: CNC lathe, CNC mill, 3D printer, digital multimeter
Laboratory: Electron microscope, Electrical wave generator, Materials testing equipment
Language: English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu
• Aerodynamic Design Manufacturing processes & materials Heat Transfer
• Mechanical System design Senior Design Energy Conversion
• Micro nano technology Mechanics of Materials Environmental control HVAC
• Thermal System Analysis Design System Modeling analysis & Design Material Science
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
• District Rank Winner and AIR (All India Rank) 19 Karnataka Academy of Mathematics 2005
• Community Outreach director, Latin American Engineering- Student Association (LAESA, SHPE)
• Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), spring 2012– Present
Portfolio Available on Request