Well spoken, motivated and friendly person who gets along well with peers and can communicate with people of all demographics; works well in both, group settings and individually.
University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL 8/17- Present
Major: College Student Affairs Administration; M. Ed. Candidate 2019
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY BA 2017
Major: Social Work
University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL. 8/17 – Present
Graduate Hall Director
• Supervise the daily operation of a designated residence hall.
• Supervise a Lead Resident Assistant, a group of Resident Assistants, and Student Desk Assistants.
• Assist with staff selection and staff training.
• Assist with coordinating Department of Housing and Residence Life trainings and meetings; including, but not limited to: Hall Staff Meetings, On-Going Trainings, Graduate Staff Meetings, etc.
• Conduct Educational Conferences and Housing Interventions for violations of Residence Life policies and/or Student Code of Conduct.
• Maintain contact with residents of the residence hall to foster community inclusion and to monitor adherence to facility policies.
• Serve on department and university committees; including the Diversity and Inclusion committee and the Student Staff Training committee.
• Recruit, advise, and support a Hall/Community Council.
• Participate in on-call duty rotation for on-campus residents, including holidays and University breaks to ensure a continued leadership presence.
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY. 8/14 – 5/17 Resident Advisor
• Provided students with assistance as they accomplish important tasks, including registration, staff communications, and adjustment to campus life.
• Created records and documentation in accordance with resident policy and guidelines.
• Communicated, documented, and resolved the concerns of students to directors, or other appropriate personnel.
• Helped ensure students are in compliance with all facility rules and expectations.
• Built rapport with residents; established personal connections and showed personal interest.
• Disseminated pertinent campus information to students utilizing meetings and bulletin boards.
Orientation Leader 8/14- 9/14
• Handled presentation of numerous topics to incoming freshman; including reporting incidents, sexual education and defining rules of consent.
• Worked with orientation leaders to prepare itinerary for school-wide freshman orientation.
Upward Bound, New York, NY. 6/15 – 08/15
Tutor/ Resident Assistant
• Assisted student participants in homework assignments on site at SUNY at New Paltz.
• Teachers’ assistant to English professor; assisted in classroom duties and graded papers.
• Facilitated weekly groups for high school boys, highlighting college preparedness.
Costumer Service, Events