K-3rd Lead Counselor
• Working towards Undergraduate Degree in education
• Formal teaching experience.
• Knowledgeable on a wide variety of academic subjects.
• Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature.
Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students.
Educated in the developmental process of early childhood learners.
• Providing rigorous instruction during key instructional periods.
Completing daily homework assignments for accuracy and personal best.
Organize schedule for edcuational activities after hw is completed.
Keep an organized and detailed log of students progress.
• Assist K-2nd grade students in improving academic skills and reaching developmental goals by meeting with them on a daily basis to clarify academic weaknesses and work on phonetical and mathematical skills, while maintaining a supportive learning environment.
• Incorporate reviewing class material, discussing the subjects not appointed as problem areas, practicing/predicting skill deficiencies, developing set curriculum to maintain that it is rigorous in nature for each student.
• Develop a sound classroom routine and structure to familiarize students with classroom etiquette and rules.
Develop and maintain communication with senior staff as it pertains to student progress and behavior.
Use appropriate disciplinary actions as deemed consistent with Ace Academic Tutoring’s Code of Conduct. Discipline is an opportunity to reflect the respect and integrity that Ace Academic Tutoring strives to maintain.
• Grade all daily hw assignments assigned in both reading/phonics and math instructional periods. Grading should be thoughtful and encouraging.
• Assign homework as necessary if student(s), have not completed daily assignments. Inform senior staff and follow up.
Pull students from non academic activities to assess and redefine objectives and/or goals.
Keep Classroom up-to-date, clean and inviting.
Job Type: Part-time
Tutoring, teaching, child care