Vocalist/ Berklee Alumna/ Music Therapist
Brittney (Brie) Mattioli
Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachusetts – BA Music Therapy & Psychology Minor, Jan. 2013 – May 2016
Gordon College, Wenham, MA – Music Conservatory Classical Voice & Psychology, Aug. 2011 – Dec. 2012
West Morris Mendham High School, NJ – National High Honors Society & GED, Sept. 2007 – June 2011
Berklee College of Music, Music Therapy GPA: 3.8
Tri-M International Music Honors Society
High Honor’s Dean’s List student throughout all levels of education
Berklee College of Music – ASPIRE LiveWell – 2014 Recipient
Discipleship Scholarship Gordon College
Recipient of the Saint Michael’s Book Award for achievement in exceptional community service
MUSIC THERAPY EXPERIENCE
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – CHOP – Philadelphia, PA
Full-time 6-month internship, 1,000 hours
May 16th – December 16th 2016
• PICU & PCU
• Adolescent Medicine/ Eating Disorder & Altered Mental Status Population
Floating Hospital for Children – Tuft’s Medical Center – Boston, MA
September – December 2015
• Working primarily in the PICU with pediatric oncology / severely ill/ medically compromised pediatric patients & their families. Ranging in ages from infants to young adults.
• Experience facilitating bedside, playroom, group, & individual music therapy – while supporting clients’ emotional health through facilitating active participation in songwriting, improvisation, clinical instrumental lessons, clinical play & patient-requested music.
• Key developments: Initiating clinical relationships & familiarization with the Medical Setting.
McLean Hospital – Belmont, MA
January – May 2015
Adult Psychiatrics (AB2 short-term in-patient unit)
• Facilitated weekly group MT sessions with inpatients ranging in diagnoses from bipolar, to schizophrenia, depression, OCD, etc.
• Clients ranged in ages from early teens to older adults.
• Key developments: Focused on community building, authenticity & boundaries with clients, clinical songwriting, client-preferred music, & encouragement for supporting client’s self-expression, emotional & mental health.
Peterborough Senior Center – Boston, MA
January – May 2015
• Worked in a nursing home setting, serving a group of clients with mild to moderate dementia, physical handicaps, and depression.
• Focused on community, relationships and rapport.
• Facilitated song & drum circles, group songwriting workshops, lyric substitution, & client-preferred/ requested music.
• Key developments: Familiarization with the geriatric population, importance of community, & associated symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease & dementia.
Rogerson Egleston Adult Day Health Program – Boston, MA
September – December 2014
• Participated in leadership of weekly music sessions for a group of 20-30 senior citizens.
• Identified goals and objectives for individual clients in the group in the domains of social, expressive/receptive language, emotional, physical, motor and cognitive domains.
• Key developments: Familiarization with repertoire development, leading a large group independently, the importance of client-preferred music, building client rapport, and community.
Kennedy Day School – Franciscan Hospital for Children
January – May 2014
• Focused on working with children and adolescents with developmental challenges and severe special needs.
• Objectives to engage clients with MT activities in order to develop their social, cognitive, gross & fine motor, as well as developmental domains.
• Key developments: Familiarization with MT’s role in special education, clinical guitar lessons, & clinical MT song-writing opportunities.
Morristown Memorial Hospital – Goryeb Children’s – NICU & Pediatric Oncology
• Focused on observing MT work with PICU and NICU patients of the hospital, as well as one-on-one supervision.
• Key developments: Understanding a MT’s role in a hospital setting, while engaging with additional hospital staff within the Child Life & Arts Therapy departments.
COMMUNITY/ WORK EXPERIENCE
Nicole Mattioli Foundation Co-founder (Founded in 2004) Honoring my older sister Nicole.
TJ Martell Foundation Committee Member (10+ years) Raising over 250 million dollars for Leukemia, Cancer, and AIDS research. Organized TJ Martell’s annual walkathons as well as NYC Galas (hosted by Sony Recording co.)
Camp Sunshine Volunteer, Advocate & Fundraiser (12+ years) – A retreat in Casco, Maine for children battling life threatening illnesses and their families. Attended and volunteered at Oncology and Bereavement sessions.
Red Cross Certified Babysitter & CPR (12+ years) – Extensive nanny experience ages newborn +
CICRIN Orphanage, Nicaragua Mission Trip – Island of Ométepé, Nicaragua (Spring 2012)
Organizer of the Nicole Mattioli Foundation Red Cross Blood Drive (2010-2014)
Host of Toys for Tots Holiday Drive benefitting NJ Battered Woman’s Shelter (10+ years)
Berklee College of Music Peer Advisor – 2013
Children’s Private Voice Instructor – 2011 – current
Lynn YMCA Music Volunteer – taught beginner piano, voice and organized recording sessions, 2011-2012
Assistant Sales Associate, Visual Designs at DMatti Designs (2012-present) private designs company
Vice President Marketing & Sales ------------ (2012-present) philanthropic care package company
Relay for Life Survivor’s Committee Co-chair (2009-2011)
Certified Pathways Mentor (2010)
MUSIC PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Active Performing & Recording Artist within the community
Creator of “Free the Bull” by Brie Paige – current album
Featured vocalist on EP “Trilogy” – available on iTunes & Spotify (2013)
Jazz Soloist – Gordon College 2012
Classically trained New Jersey Youth Chorus Vocalist – August 2006 – 2011
Privately acclaimed choir. Toured nationally & internationally – NJ, NY, Colorado, Philadelphia, Prague, Poland, Germany –
Performed at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, NJPAC, St. Peter’s Cathedral NY, Salt Mines Poland, European cathedrals/ castles –
Performed with the Canadian Brass, NJ Symphonic Orchestra, directed by Bill Conti, Drakensberg boys choir, and other acclaimed national/ international ensembles.
Handel’s Messiah Soloist – Holiday Concert, 2009 – 2011
Region’s Honors Choir – 2011
Music Theatre Actress – 2004 – 2011
Anything Goes – Principle Role, “Hope”
Wizard of Oz – “Tin Man”
Sound of Music – “Louisa”
Music Man, Kiss Me Kate, Cinderella, Once Upon An Island, Annie
Highly creative & motivated
Primary Instrument: Voice
Proficient in Guitar, Ukulele, Piano & Percussion
Facilitator of song & drum circles
Self-care practices: Yoga & Meditation
Recording skills: familiar with Logic, Garage Band, ProTools, Finale, Sibelius, & TC-Helicon VoiceLive Touch Looper
To be an accomplished MT-BC working with the pediatric, NICU, oncology & psychiatric populations at a renowned children’s hospital.
vocalist, musician, music therapist, performer, children