HARD WORKING INDIVIDUAL WITH 15 YEARS OF HUMAN RESOURCE EXPERIENCE. PROVEN STRENGTHS IN QUICKLY LEARNING NEW PROCESSES, TECHNOLOGIES AND IMPLEMENTATION OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. ORGANIZATION ABILITY TO LEAD AND MOTIVATE TEAM TO MAXIMIZE PRODUCTION. ________________________________________
Detail Oriented Organized Strategic Thinker Team Player Human Resources
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledgeable and personable professional with over ten (15) years of experience in Human Resources.
Coordination of programs within Goodwill.
Easily builds rapport with administrative staff, co-workers, patrons, and upper management.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Strong problem-solving capabilities with the facility to make difficult decisions and follow through to conclusion in order to provide a win-win outcome for all concerned
Proficient in computer technology and related software, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Spreadsheets, Outlook Express, Windows 97, 98, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, Vista and XP
Type 45+ wpm and data entry
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ________________________________________
Benefits Specialist/Payroll/Recruiter/ Goodwill Industries 03/12- 06/2017
• Ensures that all eligible employees are properly enrolled in their selected benefit option(s) during the initial election and open enrollment. Obtains and maintains employee benefit election forms and waivers of coverage for files.
• Inputs all employee benefits information into our HRIS (UltiPro) including new enrollees and changes to existing enrollees’ benefits. Handles all inquiries relating to FMLA and all customer and employee accidents, including Worker’s Compensation, within the company along with working closely with the payroll personnel to ensure accurate and timely processing of insurance carriers’ payments.
• Hiring of new employees and orientation for all new employees and completion of new hire paperwork
• Reconciles monthly insurance bills to employee benefit election form to insure all enrollees are covered to insure proper billing. Processes loans, hardships and termination requests through One America Retirement Plan.
• Serves as liaison to Payroll in processing the benefits deductions. Conducts Benefits Open Enrollment. Research and advise on program enhancements and participate in negotiations for renewals and new plans.
• Prepares and processes biweekly payroll and related reports.
• Obtains time cards from all departments and ensures the accuracy of the timecards.
• Enters appropriate time for all employees into the payroll system.
• Processes payroll action forms promptly to ensure proper reporting of pay rate change, terminations, etc.
• Maintains accurate PTO records in the payroll system.
• Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
Benefits Specialist/Youth Villages 10/12-03/11
• Obtained and maintains employee benefit election forms and waivers of coverage for files.
• Ensures that all eligible employees are properly enrolled in their selected benefit option(s) during the initial election and open enrollment.
• Inputs all employee benefits information including new enrollees and changes to existing enrollees’ benefits. Conducted Benefits Open Enrollment.
• Maintained related spreadsheets as needed. Scanned all files to employee profile.
Human Resource Manager/J2Technology, Inc 09/07-10/12
• Administer payroll for all employees
• Hiring all employees
• Process employee benefits enrollment, updates and claims
• Coordinate employee events and site visits
• Execute hiring and termination of associates
Fairley High School, Memphis, TN 2000
Bethel University, Memphis, TN 2015-Present
Degree: Human Resource
Airline Academy 2017