1 | P a g e
A committed Electrical Engineering Professional with almost 9 years of experience at leading India academic institution teaching students from various social and cultural backgrounds. Possess excellent administrative and verbal/writing communication skills, along with constructive and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment. Currently, looking for suitable opportunities which can enhance my knowledge . Career History
Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering
U.I.E.T (P.U. Chd)
Jan2013 –06 March 2017
Lecturer/ Assistant Professor in Electrical Engieering
Guest & Consolidated Faculty
PTU GZS CAMPUS, Bathinda
Aug 2007 - Sep 2012
(with required breaks)
- Evaluate the needs of the students and teach accordingly
- Ability to explain difficult concepts very easily
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to keep the environment of the class cheerful.
-Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
The Chadwick Apartment ,
53/104 ,2nd Street Westmoreland
Visa Status:- L2-B having EAD ( Employment Authorization Document)
2 | P a g e
- Good oral and written Communication.
- Quick Learner, Confident, Punctual & Hard worker
Key responsibilities handled
Knowledge of Basic electrical Engineering, Power systems, Instrumentation Engineering,
Magnetic Circuits and Transformers ,Digital control Engineering, Power system Design
Laboratory , Energy Auditing Lab.
• Responsible for carrying out teaching duties.
• Responsible for doing laboratory work or experiments with various Electrical
equipments as CRO(Oscilloscope), Wattmeter, voltmeter, Ammeter, Transformer and
other Electrical equipments.
• Responsible for organizing lectures and supervising seminars and tutorials.
• Had evaluated university answer booklets.
• Assessing student’s course work and material.
• Involved in the set up of exams and the marking of results and worked as invigilator too.
• Responsible for the departmental administrative tasks.
• Providing mentoring, advice and support to students on a personal level.
• Actively leading class discussions and encouraging debate.
• Delivering lectures to groups of students and using advanced teaching techniques to
inspire and motivate them for higher level qualifications and then employment.
• Was responsible for preparing learning material for courses and devising relevant
• Involved in course team activities and curriculum development for students.
• Handled responsibilities of collection of registration forms.
• Coordinated cultural activities.
• Done 6 months summer training checking by visiting various industries.
• Researching on different subjects and submitting the research paper
Key competiences and skills
• Target setting
• Training assessments
• Research Planning
• Computer skills :-
Language: C++ (Beg.), Visual Basic (Beg.)
Software: Microsoft Office, E-Tap, MATLAB, Power Point , Microsoft Excel .
• . Analytical Skills: worked with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number
3 | P a g e
• Communication Skills
• Critical Thinking: look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
• Attention to Detail: Data is precise so I have to make sure data is vigilant in the analysis to come to correct conclusions.
• Math Skills: to estimate numerical data.
Masters of Technology
PTU GZS Campus Bathinda
Bachelors of Technology
PTU GZS Campus Bathinda
First division with distinction
Non Medical (Math – Science)
1.Summer Training in G.Z.S.C.E.T Bathinda (1 Month)
• Windings of Fans, Study of Motors and Workshops
2.Guru Nanak Dev Thermal Power Plant Bathinda, June – July, 2005 (2 Months)
• Substation, E.S.P, Steam Turbine Generator
3.National Fertilizers Limited Bathinda, June-Dec 2006 (6 Months)
• Study of various plants
1) Participated in various cultural fest held at the college level.
2) Executive member of NSS wing.
3) Member of Organizing Committee of Electrical fest held in college..
4) Evaluator of University answers sheets.
5).Attended one week faculty development programme(FDP) sponsored by TEQIP.
4 | P a g e
6) Attended short term courses held by NITTTR on:
“climatic changes and disaster Management”
“Patent systems in India”.
I hereby confirm that the information given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Er. Gagandeep Kaur
Place- Los Angeles