February 2014- June 2016
Go Dog LA (Los Angeles, CA)- Shift Leader
• Administrative responsibilities upheld in training and managing scheduled employees while maintaining and leading daily tasks throughout my scheduled shifts.
• Upheld a safe and fun, cage free environment, taking in consideration the safety and livelihood of each animals and their families and the considerations by the owners alike.
• Skilled in administrating proper medication to according animals while keeping all medication and special diets for the animals sterile and organized.
• Trained in animal behaviorism and kept in charge of maintaining the safety of all animals and handling to the best of my abilities if problems or animal confrontations arise.
• Provided excellent customer service to every client and kept scheduling and payment for the daycare organized and up to date and provided training and help to all new employees in front of the house on phone duty.
July 2016- Present
Studio City Animal Hospital (Studio City, CA)- Animal Caretaker
• Part of a team of caretakers dedicated to maintaining proper care and cleanliness for several domestic and exotic animal patients across the hospital.
• Kept open communication between technicians, doctors, nurses, etc. to maintain an excellent flow of work especially in time of emergency check ins.
• Passed proper training courses and exams in accordance to hospital and state/federal standards to effectively use my skills to properly restrain an array of animals, administer medication, and perform proper X-rays, and assist in medical procedures as necessary.
Reading to Kids - Volunteer
A monthly volunteering program focused on encouraging local elementary school children within the community to express an interest in reading and developing excellent vocabulary. My role was to get the children excited about reading the books provided, helping them with any questions or struggles, and even reading directly to the group.
September 2013- August 2016
Go Dog Safe Paws- Volunteer
This is a program that specializes in rescuing dogs and rehabilitating each dog to ensure they can live a healthy life and find the right family, even taking on the challenge of taking in abandoned animals that come in. I volunteer and help walk the dogs as well as train them in basic commands (sit, shake, etc.) and proper adequacy. I also socialize with every dog since many have come from violent upbringings and make them feel comfortable with people so they can become adoptable and find their forever homes.
Santé D’Or- volunteer/ shift supervisor
This is a non-profit organization that works primarily with cats. As a volunteer, I get to socialize with the cats and help maintain a clean and safe environment for the animals, visitors, and fellow volunteers. As a shift supervisor, I organize and manage the work flow and ensure the completion of daily task and any necessary tasks that may arise while training any junior volunteers. I administer medications and provide special care for sick animals in quarantine and up front while making sure those with special diets get the proper food.
September 2009 - June 2013
North Hollywood High School, North Hollywood CA
• Graduate with a 3.0+ GPA
• Biology and Animal Science Prepatory magnet school.
• Vice President of Astronomy Club and member/volunteer in their Animal Husbandry Program where I worked hands on under a licensed zookeeper with animals across the Los Angeles Zoo.
California State University Northridge, Northridge CA
• Undergraduate Biology Major
• Active member of a pre-Veterinary program
• Member of Veterinarians of Tomorrow Club
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well with others under any environment
• Quick learner, ability to multi-task in an incredible pace
• Well organized, detail oriented, and well known to move up quick
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Trained formally in administrating medication, performing certain medical procedures, executing safe and proper restraint, and providing other medical, behavioral, and hygienic care
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and alike tools
animal, animals, cats, dogs, caretaker, pets, pet, animal care