Assistant Brand Manager
Ambitious new Brand Management specialist who is adept at implementing and overseeing promotions and brand activities. High-caliber team member with hands-on training in target marketing, campaign execution, program delivery, and the implementation of strategies for various businesses. Proficient as a creative marketer, team facilitator, and process pioneer in growing and supporting industry-leading brand awareness.
• Trained in penetrating competitive markets and meeting business objectives with unique branding solutions; familiar with cost controls, budgeting, and multimedia strategies. Extensive background in collaborating with inter-departmental teams.
• Knowledgeable in cross-cultural practices and customer service that evolves into selling, upselling, and marketing results.
• BRAND COMPANIES worked with: Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, Jan Michaels Jewelry Inc., Madecasse, Bayside Food Group, Hershey Foods Corporation.
• Worked closely with the Finance Team at Ghirardelli to clear up open deductions totaling $100K+. This was achieved as part of the Clean Books Initiative.
• Developed a Samples Policy as well as sample request forms to be used by Sales and Marketing. This policy resulted in 30% savings without jeopardizing sales.
• Managed a department that supported 2K+ U.S. customers with the ordering of 2 high-end chocolate brands as well as 5 CSR and 4 800#s.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY – Long Beach, CA 2016 –2018
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Marketing
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE • AAST – Business Degree 2014 – 2016
Business Classes: Business Law • Business Finance • Business Communications • Principles of Management & Operations • Management Information Systems • Business Strategy & Policy • Marketing • Green Marketing & Sustainability • Digital Marketing & Media • Marketing Research • Marketing-Consumer Behavior • Marketing Management • HRM Classes: Organizational Behavior • International Business.
SELECTED ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Business Communications Class – Developed a proposal for Lego to become more sustainable by setting up a recycling program where parents could donate their “pre-loved” Legos, which would then be used to create new sets. These new sets would be sold at a less expensive price point and marketed as being “pre-loved” but still branded as “Lego”.
• New Products & Services Class – Challenged to devise a new product or service. Initiated the idea of selling re-usable water bottles in vending machines that were located next to water fountains.
• Green Marketing Class – Selected a company that was ‘Doing Good by Doing Well’ (Adidas) and developed a proposal to expand their Parley shoe and apparel line, which are made from fishing nets. Created a poster about the company, which was entered into the Green Generation Mixer & Project Showcase held annually on campus.
GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE COMPANY – San Leandro, CA • Sales & Marketing Analyst – Food Service Division 2012– 2014
Analyzed detailed sales activities and initiatives, customers, pricing, and competitors. Analyzed metrics in order to identify cause-effect relationships between financial outcomes and marketed actions, thus raising profitability. Performed full organizational activities for the division meetings and trade shows, targeting sales people and top sales managers. Proofread marketing materials such as brochures and new packaging.
JAN MICHAELS JEWELRY – San Francisco, CA • Office Manager 2012
Supervised the work of administrative employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures.
MADECASSE – Berkeley, CA • Office Manager 2010 – 2011
Performed all AR and AP assignments for a chocolate company (headquarter in US with a factory in Madagascar) and ran monthly demos at various locations. Handled reports, logistics, QuickBooks, and monthly sales reports.
BAYSIDE FOOD GROUP – Pacheco, CA • Customer Service Representative 2009 – 2010
Handled customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions, and payment extension / service requests for a specialty food distributor that sells 30+ unique / gourmet / high-end brands. Calmed angry callers, repaired trust, located resources for problem resolution, and designed best-option solutions. Interfaced daily with partners in accounting, field services, business development, operations, and consumer affairs divisions.
THE HERSHEY FOODS CORPORATION (Artisan Confections) – San Francisco, CA • Customer Service Manager 2006 – 2009
Attained the highest customer service ratings (as determined by external auditors) earning 100% marks in all categories including outside sales, inventory in the EDI (order processing software) system, stakeholder & vendor negotiation, and customer management.
Product Knowledge, Planning, Branding Strategies, Public & Client Relations, Team Participation