Anthony Kim: Videographer
Since I was a kid I’ve wanted to be a filmmaker who makes iconic movies that stood the test of time. And as a leader, I want to inspire people and teach them how to discover their inner power.
Associated Students Inc., Northridge, California
Video Production Specialist ( January 2015 – Present)
Associated Students Inc. is the primary advocate for students at Cal State Northridge.
I was hired to create fresh ideas for videos that are delivered to an audience of 40,000 college students.
● The content the Department had when I arrived was informative but not very entertaining. I started creating content aimed towards the tastes of college students and our viewership grew.
● Relations between video and other Associated Students departments were stale when I began.
I’ve built friendships with students in other departments and this improved team chemistry and now we work a lot better with the other departments.
Zeta Beta Tau Int., Northridge, California
Chapter President (April 2015 – December 2016)
Zeta Beta Tau, the first Fraternity chartered at Cal State Northridge. I was elected President and implemented new programs and solved several issues that plagued the organization. This built a foundation upon which my successor built an even better operation.
Hazing was a huge issue at Cal State Northridge. As President, I helped the New Member director create a plan that would educate new members without hazing.
Our chapter was always plagued by the lack of debt collection. Using an automatic pay option, we were able to negotiate with fraternity members to create a consistent cash flow for the chapter. The chapter is debt free today.
Academics was also something that needed improving. I appointed a Scholarship Chair and we went to work. Today, our chapter is top 3 in GPA across campus fraternities.
FremantleMedia North America, Burbank, California
Digital Media Intern ( May 2014 – August 2014)
FremantleMedia is a global content distribution with more than 30,000 collective hours of programming. I was brought on to collect online media information, analyze it, and deliver it for upper management to streamline their workflow.
● I tracked content engagement on YouTube and the entertainment industry and consolidated my research for my supervisors. This made it a breeze for them to create a plan of attack.
● My supervisors were sad to see me go at the end of the summer and I was invited to apply for a full-time position when I graduated college.
B.A. Cinema & Television Arts – Television Production
California State University, Northridge
In my senior year I began a streetwear apparel company with one friend. The brand promotes the new age lifestyle.
Entrepreneurship is in my DNA. I love talking to people and listening to their stories. Today, it’s all about who you know, not what you know.
Skills & Abilities
● Hands-on experience with creative media content. Video Productions skills in Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Avid
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work with and negotiate with a wide variety of clients.
● Knowledge in film, television, video, and online media production analytics
● 5 years of experience in visual storytelling and of cinematography, videography, editing and still
● Strong social media management skills, brand marketing, and digital content management
● Ability to work effectively alone, as well as with a team, Strong leader and team player
● Fluent with Panasonic GH4, Canon 5d Mark III, and other DSLR and Film SLR platforms
● Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Keynote, and Google apps
videographer, photographer, editor, video production, youtube