Interior Design Assistant
Paid Internship Interior Design Assistant position (2 to 3 days a week)
We are a small growing Interior Architect studio seeking for someone recently graduated or have a little bit of Interior Design knowledge, who also has the desire and motivation to challenge himself or herself to learn and gain hands-on experience in ongoing projects.
Our ideal candidate should be full of energy, self-starter, eager to learn, extra mile walker, and willing to wear many hats.
MUST know AutoCAD very well, be organized, creative, have initiative, be efficient, be presentable and confident in working in a fast-paced environment.
We also work on designing custom furniture tailored to our clients, for what the candidate must be willing to learn quickly and even contribute ideas in this field, as well as in interior and exterior design.
- Helping with AutoCAD plans and elevations as needed.
- Taking measurements at the job site.
- Helping prepare client presentation materials (merchandise). Including mood boards, client binders, sample organization, sourcing, making PO's to vendors, proposals, budgeting, and helping to organize the project as systematically as possible.
- Contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors/workers as well as searching and recruiting new subs, depending on the project situation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to solve problems independently and collaborate with others.
- Always take notes.
- Obtaining samples, calling for pricing, filing and working to maintain and grow our sample library.
- Assisting with installations and photo shoots when needed.
The Design Assistant will work in the office as well as outside. She or he will also do some physical work (such as moving small furniture, carrying accessories, and running errands) that will often be required.
- Design education - Portfolio/resume.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a MUST.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and some Sketchup will be a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and/or any kind of software able to create a spreadsheet for budgeting and such.
- Some knowledge with local vendors, designers, and market trends; or the ability to learn fast in this area.
- Must be excellently organized and great detail-oriented (we cannot stress this enough)
- A team player mentality and physically. A good listener, and a focused and present person
- Must be local in the Los Angeles area with reliable transportation and a clean driving record. Willing to drive anywhere, where the job sites and vendors are located, and back and forth to the studio as needed.
- Available 2 to 3 days a week, for approximately 3 months, to start. Days of the week would be discussed in the interview. NO weekends.
- Professional demeanor with a sense of style and a sense of humor are ALWAYS appreciated.
- Effective and strong communication with the head Designer, vendors, subs, and coworkers.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Answering phone calls, emails, etc.
- Have your own laptop, would be a plus.
- Meet deadlines.
-Be a media-savvy, would be a plus.
Please email over your resume, profile, portfolio, and social media handles/links to be considered for an interview.
- The candidate would be on a probation period for about 3 months.
- This is a PAID internship job, therefore the compensation would be small in the beginning. The pay would increase after 3 months, or as the Design Assistant continues to deepen her or his expertise and willingness to work harder while growing with us.
This is a great opportunity to learn and gain experience that money can't buy.
Studio location: Los Angeles County 91206
job, interior desigm, design, intership, los angeles, opportunity, learn, AutoCAD