Worship Technical Coordinator
Supervisor: Minister FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Due to COVID-19, all of our Sunday services and small groups have moved on-line. The Worship Technical Coordinator will run the technical aspects of our Sunday services and coordinate/create our online communications. Once the Safer at Home orders are lifted, and UUCLB leadership decides to hold some form of in-person worship services, the Worship Technical Coordinator will work with the Minister and volunteers to livestream those services.
- Will need to be able to visit UUCLB campus weekly as needed.
- Candidates should have access to reliable high-speed internet and their own computer.
• Create, gather, and edit videos of worship components, including audio and video. (4 hrs/ week)
• Run the technical aspects of online worship, Sunday mornings from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Pacific Time (4 hours/week); including Closed Captions via API & Zoom meeting
• Livestream Sunday services
• Post-production editing and posting services to Vimeo and Facebook (1 hr per week)
• Trouble-shoot or brainstorm with ministry team ways to enhance the online worship
experience for participants (1.5 hours/week)
• Advise ministry team on new methods of online engagement
Additional Responsibilities (as hours allow):
• Provide lay leaders training on technology use
• Manage UUCLB social media, averaging one post/day (1-2 hours/week)
• Create images for social media or worship (1-2 hours/week)
• Coordinate and update UUCLB website (2 hours/week)
Potential Future Responsibilities:
At such time that UUCLB leadership decides to begin some kind of in-person worship services, work with the ministry team and leadership to create a plan for live streaming those services. At that point, the essential responsibilities may shift to meet the worship needs of UUCLB.
• Proficiency with non-linear video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Shotcut, Filmora, etc.)
• Skilled with audio editing, including volume matching clips, noise reduction.
• Graphic Design knowledge, experience with Adobe Photoshop, MS Publisher, Canva, or
similar design software.
• Proficient with video recording, camera, lighting, and sound balancing on site.
• Proficient with Powerpoint and other Office programs
Hours of Work:
This is a temporary position. Approximately 12 hrs/wk – hours may vary depending on church events.
Compensation: $20/ hr.
UUCLB is a liberal religious community comprised of people of all ages, sexual orientations, racial and cultural ethnicities, gender expressions, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and financial means.
Our Worship Technical Coordinator is expected to affirm Unitarian Universalist values as outlined in the Seven Principles (http://www.uua.org/beliefs/what-we-believe/principles) in all their work and professional communications. In addition, our Technical/Communications Coordinator is expected to use language in work and professional communications that is inclusive of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, class or religion.