Retail Sales Associate
Part-Time Sales Associate – Job Description
Little Bird Denver is a one-of-a-kind children’s boutique in the Park Hill neighborhood carrying toys, gifts, and clothing for children ages infants through 14 years old. We strive to be a family-friendly touchstone in a neighborhood community of small businesses. We would love to grow our team with a part-time sales associate. The current need is for someone who can work two or more of the following days each week: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Saturdays from 9:30 – 5:30.
At Little Bird we share responsibilities and stay flexible about schedules and tasks. Retail experience is helpful, but not necessary. More important is experience working with and an understanding of children and families. Opportunities for pay increases quickly for good performance, starting at $17/hour. Employees also get a generous employee discount.
• Greeting customers and answering questions about products
• Creating a warm, inviting, and family-friendly atmosphere in the store
• Folding, tidying and stocking products
• Unboxing inventory shipments, entering inventory into POS system
• Steaming clothing
• Developing routines and systems for organizing workflow
• Must be able to stand for most of the 8-hour shift
• Lifting 30-50 lb boxes
• Carrying recycling and trash to outdoor receptacles
• Opening and closing the store
• Dusting, sweeping and light cleaning
• Able to easily develop rapport with adults and children
• Comfortable working independently and in a team
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience with retail inventory management and point of sale systems a plus, but not necessary
• Creativity and willingness to help grow business to include activities and community events for families
If interested, please email a resume to owner Caroline Hagadorn at ------------ along with a cover letter explaining your interest in working at Little Bird. Thank you for your interest!