TITLE: Operations Associate
LOCATION: Berkeley, CA
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September-October 2023 (start date negotiable)
Chochmat HaLev, a premiere Jewish Renewal synagogue in Berkeley, is seeking a part-time Operations Associate to manage our office operations and communications including social media. Chochmat HaLev is known for its welcoming and inclusive approach, high-energy musical services as well as deep meditation and contemplative offerings to provide a meaningful spiritual experience to its members and extended community.
- Serves as the first point of contact to the public and members, which includes responding to communications and inquiries, greeting people who come to the Congregation physically or virtually, answering the phone and responding to messages
- Administers member accounts, including entering, organizing and maintaining data in member database (ShulCloud is our database management system)
- Assists with bookkeeping and records maintenance.
- Maintains synagogue website
- Manages social media accounts by creating and posting updates, events, photos, etc.
- Responsible for producing flyers, event postings and weekly newsletter
- Processes donations and payments
- Coordinates electronic ticket purchases for synagogue events
- Assists with facilities management and provides backup for CHL emergency phone calls
- Runs the Zoom livestream of Shabbat and Holiday services
- Staffs events as needed
- Enthusiasm and positive outlook about problem-solving when issues arise, energetic team player
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with others, including ability to engage with a diverse constituency warmly and effectively in person, by phone, and over email
- Willingness to handle both repetitive, less challenging administrative tasks as well as those operational tasks requiring initiative and creativity
- Commitment to the values of equity, inclusion, diversity, and valuing all members of our community
- Ease and familiarity with office equipment and technology (email, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, WordPress, Zoom, and web-based database entry), and ability to assist those who are less tech-savvy in using Zoom and other programs
- Skills related to social media and graphic design are helpful but not required
- Organized and attentive to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and accurately
- Knowledge of Judaism, its practices, and customs is helpful, not required; experience with congregational administration and ShulCloud database are a plus
Part-Time Schedule and Benefits:
- 20-30 hours per week
- In-Person, Monday through Friday, 10 am – 2pm (with some flexibility) in Chochmat HaLev front office
- Some nights and weekends for Shabbat and Holiday services
- Partial remote work possible after training period
- Paid time off
- Salary range: $20-$25/hour
Send your resume and cover letter via email to: Maxine Epperson, President of the Board, Chochmat HaLev: ------------.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.