FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF EL CAJON
Job Title: Media Coordinator
The purpose of the Media Coordinator is to utilize technology to enhance our worship experience and reach a wider community through the use of various media: including live streaming our Sunday worship experience, uploading video content to our website, and overseeing audio/visual needs at special services and events.
First Presbyterian Church of El Cajon (FPCEC) is seeking a Media Coordinator who is able to strengthen our online presence as well as enhance the creativity, relevancy, and excellence with which we engage A/V in our worship service and online presence. We are looking for someone passionate about using technology to reach people for Jesus, who is able to self-direct, lead, plan, organize, work with others, and communicate effectively.
FPCEC is a member of the Presbyterian Church, USA. A vibrant and multicultural city has moved in around our historic 137-year-old church. We are two blocks from downtown El Cajon and feel compelled to explore how we can utilize technology to engage all generations with the gospel of Christ and have a greater impact on our urban and increasingly multicultural neighborhood.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Worship Service: Responsible for planning and streaming of online worship services in cooperation with the Pastor and Worship Team Leader
o Troubleshoot problems to minimize risk of system failures
o Oversee the direction of video cameras, graphics, liturgy and lyrics when applicable
● Volunteers: Schedule, resource, train, and proactively lead volunteers to assist with our Sunday morning worship service and other areas as needed.
● Special Events: Oversee A/V needs or arrange coverage for special events utilizing media (e.g., weddings, memorials, concerts, etc.) and special events as needed and available
● Online Presence: Upload and edit video content to the website, and provide assistance with website management, social media, and weekly e-blasts as need and available.
● Spiritual Maturity: engaged in the journey of following Christ
● Leadership: works effectively, positively, and collaboratively with staff and volunteers; takes initiative with strong follow-through; practices non-anxious leadership in stressful situations; ability to lead, motivate, and train tech volunteers
● Strategy and Communication: guides leaders and participants in the process of developing and refining technology goals; identifies and solves problems; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and clear communication.
● Financial and Time Management: uses time effectively and efficiently; plans according to budget parameters
● Innovation and Creativity: generates new ideas and fresh approaches to utilizing technology; determines how to make creative ideas technical realities
● Experience: with AV technology, graphic design, video editing, and live streaming
● Bonus: experience or interest in creating short films
The Media Coordinator will be accountable to the Director of Music and partner with the Pastor, and when necessary partner with the Worship Support Committee.
HOURS OF WORK AND PAY:
Pay: $20 - $22/hr.
Part-time: 8-12 hrs./week
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
● The probationary period shall be 90 days beginning with the first worked day
● An initial performance review shall be conducted during and/or at the conclusion of the probationary period
● Subsequent performance reviews will be conducted annually
● Sick Leave:
o Sick leave shall start accruing from the first day of employment at the state mandated rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked and may be used after the first 90 days of employment.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to ------------