Mathnasium Math Instructor / Tutor
Great Part Time Job Opportunity
Become a Mathnasium Instructor and join our mission to help students in grades K-12 get ahead in math, no matter their starting point! Mathnasium is looking for some talented local undergraduate and graduate students who would like to earn some extra money and a wealth of experience in teaching! If you have a passion for teaching and/or mathematics, Mathnasium is a great training ground for educators and STEM leaders of the future. Learn how to instruct students of all ages, while keeping your math skills sharp!
Who We Are:
Across North America and all over the world, Mathnasium Learning Centers are committed to teaching children math so that they understand it, master it, and love it.
Our world-class curriculum is built upon the Mathnasium Method™— the result of decades of hands-on instruction and development — and has changed the lives of children since 2002.
Visit ------------ for more information.
Why Work with Us:
At Mathnasium of Great Neck, we’re passionate about both our students and our employees!
We set ourselves apart by providing Mathnasium Math Instructor / Tutors with:
1) A rewarding opportunity to transform the lives of K-12th grade students
2) Consistent, but flexible part-time hours after school and on weekends
3) A fun, supportive, and encouraging work culture
4) Opportunities for advancement
5) Continuous (paid) training on effective teaching methodologies
6) All necessary curriculum and instructional tools provided
7) Mathnasiums are everywhere! The experience you gain with us is portable wherever life may take you!
If you are driven, motivated, and eager to make a difference, we would love to meet you!
1) Teach/tutor in-center, online, and/or via hybrid delivery using the Mathnasium Method™, terminology, and teaching practices
2) Assist students with math homework and test preparation
3) Work collaboratively with team members to deliver individualized instruction in a group setting
4) Assess students’ learning progress and engagement throughout instructional sessions
5) Become proficient with digital educational materials and processes
6) Support the maintenance of a safe and professional learning environment
Passion for math and working with students
Excellent interpersonal skills
Eagerness to learn and be trained
Exceptional math competency through at least Algebra 2
Ability to balance various ongoing tasks
Able to commit at least 2 days (full shifts) on a regular basis
Who Should Apply:
Undergraduate and graduate college students with a background in education, mathematics and/or engineering
College graduates looking for a bridge opportunity to a teaching or graduate career
If you are looking for a regular part-time position, this may be for you!
All applicants will be required to take a math literacy test to demonstrate math proficiency, provide work authorization, and pass a background check.
Starting compensation: $20.00 per hour
Paid sick days
Please email resumes to ------------ or call 516-482-MATH for more information.
Please fill out employment application at: ------------