The Head Lifeguard responsibilities include; overseeing, instructing, planning and assessing the personnel who have been allocated to a swimming facility and executing lifeguard activities. He/She trains the new hires and supervises the operations that are executed in a swimming pool. He/She may help with
facility programming and events. He/She manages the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and mechanical pump area(s)/room(s) when applicable. He/She acts as liaise between the facility and The Swimming Swan LLC. management team in regards to staffing, equipment, uniforms and other additional needs.
Head Lifeguard III Qualifications
1. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a High school Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current and valid ARC or equivalent certification including but not limited to: Lifeguard, CPR, First
3. Current LGIT Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification.
4. 3+ year(s) lifeguard experience in a leadership role preferred.
6. Ability to pass pre-employment verbal skills test
7. Ability to pass swim and in-water skills test.
8. Ability to successfully complete The Swimming Swan LLC. "On-Boarding" Training and Testing.
9. All applicants are subject to background screenings and drug testing.
10. Flexible schedule required.
11. Strong customer service background preferred.
Head Lifeguard Responsibilities:
1.First in line of communication to both the Partnership Site Contact and The Swimming Swan Management team
2. Act as Lifeguard and Supervises Lifeguards including but not limited to scheduling, personal issues/concerns, employee productivity and in-service trainings. All training and team branding is based upon The Swimming Swan LLC., criteria. Proper documentation will be maintained towards new hire, quarterly, semi-annual and annual performance evaluations.
3. Teaching Lifeguard Certification Courses at our partnership facilities. This a potential item and not mandatory. Certification courses are only offered at specific locations.
4. Opening and closing daily procedures including but not limited to completed Daily Tasks Sheets. Procedures dependent on schedule and hours including maintenance of chemicals and pump room areas where applicable.
5. Plans, organizes and leads special events at the pool utilizing staff and volunteers where applicable.
6. Monitors pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identifies any special issues. Uses judgement to determine if patrons are safely and properly conducting themselves.
7. Completes and submits incident reports and documentation forms when applicable.
8. Directs swimmers our of the pool and/or to clear the deck during hazardous conditions.
9. Monitors weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests. Adheres to and upholds The
Swimming Swan LLC., "Inclement weather" policies and procedures.
10. Maintains a clean environment in and around the pool.
11. Leads in organization and monitoring of pool parties or rentals.
12. Provides assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
lifeguard, lifeguard instructor, aquatics