Established in 2003, Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab, in an old-fashioned ice cream parlor concept committed to serving premium quality products while having memorable experiences in a nostalgic atmosphere.
With over 32 traditional and original flavors to choose from in a whimsical, family-friendly environment, fans of all ages will cherish the memories they make and hold dear at Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab parlors.
We are currently looking for versatile, intelligent and energetic parlor employees, with a passion for delivering outstanding service to join our professional and friendly team. This person will be responsible for providing passionate and attentive service delivery to all guests according to our service standards in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
As the Guest Service Lead you will work alongside a small team and oversee the overarching aspects of the ice cream parlor. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our employees during busy moments in our fast-paced environment.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need supervisory skills and experience in both front and back operations of the parlor. We want you to know how to various areas of the parlor all the while being able to check in with customers to ensure that the parlor operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the company’s mission and quality of service while on shift.
Ultimately, you will ensure our parlor runs smoothly and guests are having fun and creating nothing but great memories!
This position reports to the Parlor Manager.
• Accountable for accuracy of cash register and register procedures
• Acts as a liaison between team members and management
• Advise management with any employee member’s performance issues
• Aid in daily and weekly equipment cleaning and maintenance
• Aid in ensuring all orders are received and effective stored and practice proper product rotation
• Assigning duties to other employees & directing completion of duties. Keeps employees busy with parlor-related activities or releases employees early.
• Assist in the orientation and training of new employees
• Ensure guests are attended to in a courteous and friendly manner and swift resolution is given to their issues and complaints.
• Ensure opening and/or closing duties are completed efficiently and thoroughly
• Ensuring a pleasant guest environment is maintained.
• Have thorough product knowledge
• Monitoring inventory and ensuring that parlor is stocked on food supplies and other parlor essentials are adequately stocked.
• Overseeing product preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
• Participate in staff and management meetings
• Promote the Doc Burnstein’s brand in the local community
• Responding efficiently and accurately to guest complaints.
Personal Characteristics Required:
• Guest Service - Able to deal with unhappy guest in a way that creates a happy & returning guest
• Creative Initiative - Able to find ways to complete required tasks most efficiently, pass on time-saving ideas to others, and improve the working environment for all
• Team Leadership - Train & direct other staff in service to guests and completion of duties
Required Education and Experience:
• 5 years of experience working in a retail or hospitality setting.
• High school diploma or GED
• Proven experience working as a Supervisor in the hospitality or retail industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Hospitality is advantageous.
Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledgeable in essential food service standards, equipment and processes
• Have a high level of accuracy and attention to details
• Able to take initiative and work unsupervised
• Team oriented
• Friendly disposition
• Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty
• Able to problem solve
• Great communication skills
• Time management skills
• Proven team builder
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. This is largely an active role; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required. This would require the ability to stand for extended periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40lbs. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages application form all qualified individuals. To request any accommodations you may require in order to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact ------------ to discuss your needs.
Already a member? Sign in.
You must confirm your email address before you may sign in. Please check your inbox or your spam folder for the account verification email, or click here to resend.';