Looking to hire two dog trainers to assist with all day school dog students, social media, content writing and teaching classes. Video of all day school ------------
Canine Learning Academy offers an all day school for puppies and adult dogs. We are a mobile company that services Huntington Beach to Long Beach, Ca. Besides school and graduate daycare we offer: in home training, in home board & Train , and online and in person group classes. For the above reason we are looking for experienced dog walkers that show interest in training dogs, someone that can assist using positive reinforcement training methods to help our enrolled school pups and scheduled in home walking clients.
If hired, you will play an absolutely vital role in the Canine Learning Academy family.
Responsibilities Will Include
• Assisting the trainers with enrolled school dogs
• Assisting Promoting, conducting and instructing all current dog training curriculum
• Be a Canine Learning Academy ambassador who exemplifies the Positive Attitude
• Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and dog parents
• Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
• Assisting in the pick up and drop off of enrolled dogs
• Ensuring the Dog Van and Dogs enrolled receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure crates.
• Restock Treat, water, and supplies for daily training sessions
• You must be punctual and organized
• You must be willing to get a little dirty - we walk in the rain and the heat, pick up poop and other pet messes.
• You will be responsible for the safety and well being of each dog in your care.
• You will be responsible for communicating with the Canine Learning Academy management team
• You may be required to pick up supplies and materials
• You may be required to drop off supplies and materials
• You may be required to engage one-on-one with dog
• You will be required to attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions
• Responsibilities and duties may change according to position within the company
Necessary Requirements, Qualifications And Skills
• Previous paid experience handling dogs is required, volunteer work will be considered.
• If you apply for the training position or have training experience only positive reinforcement training experience will be considered. Trainers using aversive techniques will not be considered. Describe your training experience in detail.
• Smart phone, Computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet
• The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and possibly weekends
• The ability to walk 4-6 miles daily
• The ability to handle up to 2-3 dogs on leash at a time if needed
• The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends
• This is a rewarding job knowing that you are making a difference in the quality of many pet's lives.
• This is an employee position and is covered under the protection of bonding, business insurance, and workman's compensation.
• You will receive ongoing training and education.
• A minimum of 6 months commitment to the job is required but 1 year is preferred. There is opportunity for growth and movement within the company for long term, dedicated employees
Certifications for Certified Dog Trainer
CPDT-KA or Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) certifications to be considered as a Trainer for Canine Learning Academy. You have a different certification? Lets chat and review your knowledge.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: will discuss
Contact Yo Armendariz