Everything we do is focused on a single goal: making a difference in children’s lives.
Join our team to enjoy – competitive compensation ($17-$19), free RBT training, mentorship programs and a detailed Career Roadmap to support your growth with ATG.
ATG is looking for a dedicated and compassionate behavioral technician to join our team and provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Behavior technicians are responsible for assisting behavior analysts to implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans. The candidate will assist patients with day to day activities, monitor their behavior, record and collect data on patients' progress, and communicate with clients. Other duties may include clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and colleagues. Prior experience in a behavioral health setting is advantageous.
A fully trained RBT therapist can receive, on average, 10-20 hours/week with each session lasting 2 - 4 hours.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy setting to implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatments as directed by the supervisor.
-Collect and record data on patient behavior.
-Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of clients, parents and staff.
-Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and family.
-Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative duties.
-Maintain strict confidentiality.
-Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a behavioral health or related field (preferred).
- Obtain RBT Certification within the first 45-days of employment - all costs and supervision for this certification
are paid by ATG.
- Additional certification may be required - all costs will be paid by ATG.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to provide consistent attention and care for the client, up to 4 hour long sessions
- Ability to sustain long periods of sitting or standing
- Excellent communications skills to effectively interact with patients
- Ability to bend, squat, lift, and lower a minimum of 20 pounds (must be able to lift and carry clients)
- Must be able to have flexible scheduling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.