JOB POSTING – Pre-K Teachers
The Community Nursery School (CNS) at First Congregational Church is in West Boylston, MA, and has been in operation for almost 60 years. It is a school with a secular curriculum wrapped in the Christian values of compassion, inclusivity, care, and love. CNS enrolls over 100 students each year. We are an all-gender, independent, and private school serving nursery to Pre-K students in our warm, beautiful facility, which provides age-specific individual classrooms, and an average 8:1 student-faculty ratio. Our faculty participate in professional development opportunities that translate directly to the classroom, creating an exciting, revelatory learning experience for our students. Teachers provide personalized instruction in a student-centered, project-based learning environment. We adhere to the concept of the teacher as learner. We recruit and retain an outstanding and diverse faculty who place students at the center of each decision, view their colleagues as essential collaborators, and are committed to their own growth and development as educators.
CNS celebrates our faculty as thought leaders in educational practice with a focus on individualized learning. The administration supports and fosters teachers’ professional development through the funding of conferences, workshops, and ongoing education. We hope you will browse our open positions and take the time to learn more about our School.
CNS at First Congregational Church in West Boylston is seeking Teachers and Assistant Teachers for its Nursery to Pre-K school. We are looking for energetic, caring teachers who welcome this setting for nurturing our youngest children.
Our faculty, across all student age groups and disciplines, work closely together and collaborate to produce a rich, relevant, and robust curriculum and individualized lesson plans and group learning activities. Because of this, our students learn to work well in teams and to think creatively and analytically about age-relevant complex topics. We focus on the following developmental skills: communication (including foreign language), motor skills, social skills, early learning skills (numbers, alphabet, nature), imagination skills, and self-regulating skills (e.g., focus attention, control emotions, manage thinking, behavior, and feelings, and interaction with nature). The church administration believes both in the validity of Multiple Intelligences Theory, and lessons learned in nature.
• The Lead and Assistant Teacher positions report directly to the School Director.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a safe environment following the First Congregational Church Community Nursery School Safety Handbook
• Communicate with parents regularly regarding the progress of their child, participate in parent activities as appropriate, and work with the Lead Teacher in working with families in need of intervention/support
• Develop weekly lesson plans based on the school curriculum
• Create exciting, action-oriented learning experiences with adherence to the curriculum
• EEC Preschool Teacher certification is required for Lead Teachers
• Assistant Teachers are required to be making progress in achieving ECC certification.
• Education: a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or other academic degree that is Pre-K focused is highly preferred for a Lead Teacher. A candidate enrolled in an Early Childhood Education or another degree program focused on Pre-K education from an accredited institution is preferred to be considered for Assistant Teacher positions.
• Ability to relate with the church and school leadership, co-workers, and parents in a cooperative/positive manner
• Ability to work with families and children of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Solid computer skills
• Job Type: Full-time
• Work Location: One location (West Boylston, MA)
• Position Available: immediately
• Provide 4 professional references
Our competitive pay and close community make this a special place to work, serve, and grow. Salary ranges are dependent on education, experience, and certifications.