Who We Are
Galaxy Kids Code Club offers best-in-class computer programming (coding), engineering, and technology education programs for children ages 4-14. We have after-school classes, 1-on-1 private lessons, week-long camps, and drop-in workshops! Our mission is to inspire creativity and empower kids by teaching the essential skills needed to succeed in a technology-driven future.
Browse our website to learn more: ------------.
Galaxy Kids Code Club is looking for passionate instructors to teach our next generation how to use technology to solve problems and have fun in the process. This is a part-time position for 2-10 hours/week, depending on your schedule. We are growing and expanding our program so days and hours will in part depend on your availability. We have a location in Brentwood and also hold custom classes at various schools in East Contra Costa County. Having a reliable vehicle and willingness to drive locally to different sites is important (possible locations include Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley, Pittsburg, Knightsen, Discovery Bay). Most of our classes are held during after school hours between 2:30pm-7:00pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. During school holiday breaks, additional shifts will be available in the morning and early afternoon hours.
Course training is provided but instructors are encouraged to share their knowledge and experience. Your most important assets are your ability to manage a group of kids and inspire learning through your energy and enthusiasm. You may be teaching a small group of students solo and/or co-teaching a larger group with another Galaxy Kids Coding Instructor.
At Galaxy Kids, we have four basic curriculum tracks. Your assignment will depend on schedule, ability, and desire.
Jr Code Club. Work with a small group, ages 4-7. You will lead various games and activities to introduce our youngest students to basic concepts. Some activities do not require screens at all. Kids will also use coding apps that are tablet based. This position is ideal for instructors who are new to coding but have experience working with this age group.
Instruct a larger group of kids using a fixed curriculum in a classroom type setting (usually onsite at a local school). Depending on the size of the class, you may be paired with another Coding Instructor or teaching assistant. Minimal coding knowledge required.
Work with the camp director and other camp instructors to provide a fun and educational camp experience. Camps are 1-week long and are held during extended school holiday breaks (summer, winter, spring, etc). Topics and activities will vary from year to year. Minimal coding knowledge required.
- Passion for technology and its application to our everyday life.
- Diverse Communication skills. You will need to be able to explain complex concepts to young children as well as their parents who may or may not be technically savvy.
- Young at heart. Our most successful instructors understand what gets kids excited and are in the know about the latest trends and games (Minecraft, Roblox, or Among Us sound familiar?)
Experience teaching or supervising kids as a tutor, after-school program, youth group, or in a classroom setting.
- Reliable car and able to securely transport laptops, robots, and other supplies. Clean driving record and proof of liability insurance.
- Able to pass a background check (includes FBI fingerprinting and child abuse record check.
Proof of negative TB test
- Coding Skills. We are a coding school so any knowledge of coding is a plus. However, given that we do offer a range of classes, prior coding experience is not strictly required. Your ability to communicate and empathize with students is the most important criteria.
To apply or learn more, emails us at ------------