Bright Hope’s Mission and Vision: Bright Hope is a Christian international relief and development organization dedicated to bringing Hope to those living on less than $2 a day. We envision a world where under-resourced, local, in-country churches transform their communities and bring Hope to the extreme poor – Hope for Today, Hope for Tomorrow, and Hope for Eternity. We engage in a variety of community-led initiatives such as clean water, agriculture, health, leadership training, education, food distribution, microfinance, and savings programs.
Intern Role Summary: Bright Hope is seeking a data-driven college student to build interactive visual dashboards for Bright Hope and optimize tools that can provide insights into our programmatic and financial activities. Data driven decision making is increasingly an important skill for any field of work so we believe this internship is a rare opportunity for a real world application experience. Work can be completed remotely. Anticipated time commitment is 50-60 hours to be completed between 4-10 weeks.
The ideal candidate has an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, affirms Bright Hope’s belief statement, and is working towards a college or graduate degree in a field relevant to this project. He/she has strong excel/database skills and experience presenting data in visual formatting to share critical metrics and trends to tell a story; is able to work collaboratively and independently; and has passion to make a difference in the lives of the extreme poor.
• Learn and understand the nature of Bright Hope’s programmatic work
• Use Microsoft Power BI to design and construct visual dashboards for Bright Hope’s financial and programmatic data
• Create a process to aggregate data, upload data to Power BI, manipulate it into a dashboard, and enhance for ongoing evolution.
• Works collaboratively and independently as needed to complete assignments with tight deadlines, unexpected delays, or ad hoc requests.
• Is open to feedback and incorporates feedback into work
• Collaborates with the Research Committee and International Partnerships team to learn, ensure progress is made, and provide updates.
Education and Experience:
• Pursuit of a Bachelors or Master’s degree in related field with experience in data analytics, research, statistics, or sciences
• Experience presenting data to illustrate a story
• Prior knowledge of Power BI preferred
• Excel whiz – ability to manipulate/link data within spreadsheets and generating graphs/charts
• MS Office 365
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Teamwork, both collaboratively and independently
• Speaks and writes fluently in English
Special Position Requirements:
• Is a follower of Christ, has an active growing relationship with Jesus, models the Evangelical Christian faith, and affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement as described here: ------------
• Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
To apply, complete our application here - ------------