This is a temporary intern position and hours will not exceed 28 hours per week. This assignment is expected to last no more than 6 months and does not receive any benefits.
Under direct supervision, to perform various administrative, analytical, and/or technical support duties in support of Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority.
Complete a variety of assignments related to public transportation functions, applying principles and practices of a professional course of study, to assist with the operations and functions of the division.
• Assist in developing technical reports for distribution to various officials and members of the public utilizing Microsoft Suite products.
• Assist with maintaining and updating inventory of bus stops, geo-coordinates, amenities, and use good judgment to identify and correct data as needed.
• Help review transportation plans and promote the incorporation of pro-transit policies and measures.
• Help review schedule data for passenger information panels posted at bus stops, conduct field work as needed to ensure information is correctly displayed, and conduct field assessments at bus stops.
• Collect and summarize feedback from stakeholders, partners, passengers, and employees.
• Provide technical analysis support for ongoing planning projects.
• Assist with creation of fixed route bus schedules and route changes, including analyzing data from systems such as automatic passenger counters, vehicle location systems, and other transit technology.