Social Media Specialist Intern
United Senergy (US) is a nonprofit organization that focuses on reducing the economic, health and technological disparities that plague underserved communities. We have three approaches to combating painful disparities: Health Wellness, Nutrition, Digital Divide. United Senergy works to narrow the gaps that separate us, to ensure that people of all economic means, of every racial and ethnic background, have the same opportunities to pursue health and well-being and use technology to seek out useful information.
Social Media Job Description
If you love social media, blog regularly, and have used Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to grow awareness, you are the ideal candidate for the United Senergy Team. We are looking for a enthusiastic Social Media intern to join our creative team. You will be responsible for creating social media campaigns and the day to day management of the companies social media platforms. Your passion for social media as a communication tool will result in the adoption and implementation of social media best practice across all social media channels.
This is a remote intern position.
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination,
benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds
meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
• Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best
practices, and then acting on the information.
• Product Positioning -- create compelling messaging that speaks to our target audiences.
• Competitive Analysis -- research market and sub-market trends nationally and publish content.
• Link Campaign -- develop a vibrant linking campaign with relevant partners.
• Assist in brainstorming concepts for upcoming marketing projects.
• Maintain brand standards.
• Team player
• Weekly meetings (virtually/remotely)
• Able to commit 6+ hours to the internship every week
Knowledge of the following programs platform:
• Knowledge of social media marketing and using social media for brand awareness and impression.
• Great writing skills, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
• Understanding of social networking and social analytics tools knowledge.
• Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
• Multitasking skills
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
Please understand this is a unpaid internship
To be considered, please email your resume, along with three design samples to: ------------