Five | Six Project is a rapidly growing non-profit organization that focuses on textile preservation and development in Côte d’Ivoire. By helping sustain the designers and artisans who originated this craft, we can help ensure that the development of these practices remains intact for millennia. Our organization is designed to work at the grassroots level with local leaders, craftspeople, and stakeholders to avoid exploitation of people, environment, and communities.
To support our mission, we are looking to hire a multiple short term Fundraising Volunteer Interns who can help organize our biannual fundraiser. Fundraising interns will report directly to the Director of Development and assigned Development Associate.
- We’re looking for someone interested in nonprofit fundraising. An interest in fundraising and development, event planning, visual arts development, and textiles is a must.
Skill requirements include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to be a self starter and act proactively.
- Experience with Google Suite.
Responsibilities include assisting with:
- Fundraising by mapping out your own personal networks and asking them to donate to our cause.
- Internship runs March 29 - April 25 2021.
- Hours per week may vary depending on proximity to the event which runs April 19-25.
- A Five | Six Project internship is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a start-up global nonprofit. It offers an introduction to the non-profit art world and can provide meaningful professional development to a committed and motivated individual. School credit can be provided.
- Building a stronger understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Self-management, including developing systems to manage your own work and many moving pieces.
- Some experience in fundraising research is preferred but not required.
For any questions please email ------------.