ChipMonk Baking in Houston, TX is seeking a Sales Intern for a part-time position.
ChipMonk (http://www.chipmonkbaking.com/) is a startup bakery focusing on creating low-carb, low-sugar, diabetic and keto friendly desserts. Our mission is to promote mindful eating as a way to live a more empowered life. We pride ourselves on the quality of our desserts and are looking for experienced and passionate people to help support our team.
Are you passionate about offering consumers healthier food options? Do you love meeting new people, actively listening, and identifying opportunities for partnership? ChipMonk is looking for a Sales Intern to support the growth of our new and existing wholesale accounts. The right candidate will be proactive, well-organized, excellent at communications (written and verbal), and excited to spread the word of ChipMonk to potential wholesale accounts and Customers.
• Are Hungry…extending beyond the job description, to the opportunity of becoming the best version of yourself outside of work.
• Challenge the status quo
• Are accountable believing “If it is to be, it is up to me”
• Embrace change
• Check your ego at the door…An upbeat attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes
• Allow yourself to see opportunity not only in ideas, but in the people, who can help you grow those ideas
• Understand the benefit of being a part of a growing brand and want to evolve their CAREER with the company
• Help people close the gap between better-for-you food trends and amazing taste!
• Aren’t afraid to make mistakes
• Offer an open-minded company culture which offers people an opportunity to be the best they can possibly be
• Care more about your intelligence and values than your experience
What You’ll Do
• Work one-on-one with our co-founder and President to grow our wholesale revenue
• Identify potential wholesale accounts across various channels (food service, restaurants, retail, hotels, coffee shops, grocery, etc.)
• Daily outreach (phone calls, emails, in-person visits) introducing the brand to potential accounts and closing sales deals
• Support existing wholesale accounts by regularly checking in, answering questions, and providing information and marketing materials needed
• Develop reporting for team sales activities and hold yourself and the rest of the team accountable to agree-upon outreach and sales goals
• Coordinate with team to ensure customer orders are packed, shipped, delivered, and invoiced in a timely, reliable fashion
• Deliver orders in-person as needed in the Houston area
• Special projects as needed. Opportunities to learn and experience roles outside of sales will be available
• Passionate about the food industry and talented at selling
• Vigorous attention to detail in areas such as proofreading
• Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal) and grammar skills
• Skills in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and G Suite preferred
• Must have access to a vehicle for getting to/from work and making occasional order deliveries
• Pursuing or hold a bachelor’s degree in relevant studies, preferably in sales, advertising, marketing, journalism, business, or communications field
Why You Should Join Us
• Gain professional work experience in an area related to your degree and get paid for doing it!
• See your work in real life, bringing our products to store shelves
• Free low carb cookies and brownies to snack on
• Expand your network and make connections with awesome team members
• Strong opportunity for a full-time employment with a successful, fast growing company
Location: Houston, Texas (Northwest near intersection of 290 & 610)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
WORKING SCHEDULE & PAY RANGE:
This role is part-time (with potential opportunity go full-time depending on the company’s needs) with an expected 20 hours of work per week.
Pay starts at $10/hour but final rate will be determined upon consideration of employment. Compensation will also include a commission on sales.
For immediate consideration, email your resume to ------------.