Under general supervision, this position is responsible for participating as a research assistant on various research activities focusing on the automotive industry and the public sector. This position is a temporary part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position with a potential 30 – 40 hours per week from May to August. Hourly rate: $14.00 - $15.00, depending on experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct research project tasks as directed
• Collect, organize and maintain macroeconomic, trade, and automotive industry data
• Prepare results, including tabular and graphical presentations
• Conduct library and electronic searches and prepare abstracts of key sources, including comprehensive literature reviews
• Participate in project meetings, as needed
• Provide general office and operational support, as needed
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, business, industrial engineering, or related field
• Thorough knowledge and experience of MS Office Software, especially in PowerPoint and Excel
• Attention to detail
• Familiarity with government and industry data resources
• Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry
• Basic statistics knowledge and experience with statistics software
• Automotive economics and business
• Economic development policy analysis
• Sustainability, Regulation, and Policy Analysis
• Transportation systems research and analysis
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States legally. The position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and CAR will provide the use of a laptop during the internship. During the remote work period, CAR interns must have continuous and stable internet connectivity, a cellular device for voice, video, and text communications, and a private place for video meetings. Remote work also requires independence, self-discipline, and accurate time-keeping. The successful candidate must also have reliable transportation to our Ann Arbor office when CAR resumes in-office operations at a future date. CAR takes the COVID-19 pandemic seriously, and our staff will not return to in-person work until it is safe to do so.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at ------------ by February 28, 2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability, or other characteristic protected by law.