REMOTE - 2020 LA Film Editing Internship - Now thru Fall 2020 / Winter 2020/2021
ATTENTION: Student Film Interns:
REMOTE FILM INTERNSHIPS
Available for Academic Credit
Now Through the Summer/Fall Semesters 2020
And Winter/Spring 2021:
IMMORTAL CINEMA INTERNATIONAL, LLC (ICI) is a new production company based in Sherman Oaks/Burbank, CA, founded by Award-Winning Filmmaker, Noah Berlow, recipient of the Ithaca College Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
During this time when the COVID-19 crisis has us all under orders to Social Distance and Stay at Home, ICI is seeking to fill the following (unpaid) REMOTE student intern positions NOW through the Summer and Fall 2020 Semesters and Winter/Spring 2021 Semesters, for students receiving college credit for an internship course.
Only college students receiving academic credit will be considered—NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Assistant Editor(s) -- Full or part time internship on Feature Films, Documentaries, Music Videos, Commercials, TV Pilots
• Development / Script Coverage/Writing Assistant -- Full or part-time internship reading and covering scripts under development and pre-production with ICI. This internship also includes hands on screenplay writer’s assistant duties.
• Sound Design Intern-- For interns looking to pursue a career in production and post production sound work including sound recording, sound FX, Foley work and sound mixing
• Documentary Intern --- Internship focus will be primarily on editing and developing Documentary Projects as well as other works of non-fiction. Part of ICI’s company mission is to produce socially conscious documentary projects that focus on promoting positive change.
• Cinematographer / Colorist – Internship is focused around aspects of Second Unit
Cinematography and color correction.
NOTE: After the “Stay at Home” order is lifted and production safely resumes, interns based in L.A. may have the opportunity to join our crew filming projects throughout the semester for our current roster of Feature Films, Documentaries, TV pilots, Web Videos, Commercials and Music Videos.
Our current projects include:
• Narrative Feature Film currently in Post Production
• Narrative Feature Films in Pre-production
• Narrative Short Films in Pre-Production and Post-Production
• Multiple MUSIC VIDEOS with international recording artists in various stages of preproduction / post-production
• Four Feature Films in development (two comedies, a thriller, a dark political drama)
• A Documentary Feature coupled with social commentary
• A Documentary Feature Film on the state of the Music Industry
• A Documentary Feature Film on the the world’s most dangerous Bike Race
• Other Documentaries on current international social and political issues
For examples of projects similar to what you might be working on, please check out our website:
The Ideal Intern:
• Intern MUST be earning college credit AND
• CONFIRMED WITH YOUR SCHOOL OR ADVISOR THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WORK REMOTELY during this COVID-19 emergency and they are willing to put that in the form of a letter.
• Intern is organized, thorough, accountable, dedicated, and professional
• Should be available a minimum of 15 - 20 hours/week
• Can work flexible hours from home including late nights and weekends
• Has a positive professional attitude and a passion for storytelling
• Respects Strict Confidentiality with a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which isrequired on all projects.
The Ideal Post-Production Intern:
• Has experience with Adobe Premiere CC and/or FCPX and/or Davinci Resolve
• Owns a MacBook Pro Laptop, PC, iMac, or Mac Pro Tower with editing software
installed on it (if not, please still apply as we may be able to accommodate you)
• Ideally owns an external hard drive with available hard drive space for projects (2-4TB)
• Can look through hours of raw footage and determine what shots/scenes are good selections
to include in a cut
• Has experience with (and an interest in learning) Color Correction
• Has experience with (and an interest in learning) Sound Design / Sound Mixing
• Has experience with (and an interest in learning) VFX and other editing software including ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
• Collaborates well with others
• Knows Photoshop or Motion Graphics
ICI’s internship positions are
• A HANDS-ON,
• PROFESSIONALLY SUPERVISED LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
• and lots of FUN!
FOR AN ICI FILM INTERNSHIP:
1. First, email the following items to:
1. A Cover Letter detailing in what areas of filmmaking you would like to get more
2. Your Resume
3. Your school’s Internship Forms and/or information about their internship
requirements (e.g. Must you be full-time on site? Or will they allow some remote work as appropriate? An Internship Enrollment/Commencement Form, etc.)
4. Dates of your availability to intern and your earliest possible internship start date.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION,
After you complete emailing the above information, please send a text message to------------ introducing yourself.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Post Production, Editing, Internship, Intern, Production, Script Coverage, Adobe Premiere, Editor