Cresting Wave Publishing is seeking an Intern with a desire to grow in the publishing industry. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President of Marketing and will assist with book production, marketing, research, social media promotion, blogging, and other tasks as needed. This is a fast growing, fun, professional environment where the Intern will grow in detailed, hands-on experience in the publishing business. And for every book, electronic or print, we plant a tree! (No kidding.)
The intern should be able to start immediately.
• Superb organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Passion for quality. Seriously – passionate about quality!
• Self-motivated and lives to achieve goals.
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Assist in the development of multiple books. (Hands-on development, not getting coffee…)
• Proofread editorial content. (After you’ve written some yourself, too!)
• Assist in blog and social media updates and strategy.
• Contribute editorially to overall website development.
• Gather information and research towards the marketing of CWP books.
• Meet multiple deadlines.
Candidates with some working knowledge of the following are preferred:
• AP Style
• Google Docs
Please note that although this position is unpaid, the opportunity to attain course credit is available. And the opportunity to work on getting books into the public’s hands goes with this job. This is not a ‘go-fer’ position. You will receive title page credit for each book you work on and a solid recommendation for your resume upon successful completion of this engagement.
The right candidate may be hired after completion of the internship. Only applicants who attach resumes and a cover letter to ------------ will be considered for this position. For more information about Cresting Wave Publishing, please visit our website ------------.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
• 15 – 20 hours per week
• Bachelors or working toward a Bachelors’ Degree in English, Journalism, or other relevant experience. (Preferred but not required.)
• Fully Remote
• Remote interview process
• Virtual meetings (Zoom)