We're Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion across the country. And we're just getting going.
We're relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what's possible.
The production assistant will perform the necessary duties involved in day-to-day operations of a food/beverage manufacturing facility.
This is a seasonal/temporary position. Must be able to start ASAP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Create new products by following daily work orders using necessary production equipment
Operate different types of pumps to transfer/rack product
Ship and receive materials/product on and off trucks
Set up and operate bottling/canning line
Maintain overall cleanliness and sanitation of production facility
Clean and sanitize product vessels using pumps and chemicals
Maintain detailed records of daily operations
Accurately use a scale to weigh out ingredients and product
Set up and operate filtrations
Follow good manufacturing procedures and maintain a safe working environment
Operate various types of compressed gas tanks
Experience working in a production environment (particularly brewery, distillery, or winery).
Intermediate mechanical aptitude
Ability to work independently based on instructions given via work order
Experience in a laboratory environment is a plus
Basic math skills required
Working conditions and Physical Requirements
This can be a physically demanding position at times. You must be able to be on your feet for eight hours or more per day performing what sometimes can be repetitive and strenuous tasks.
- Must be able to kneel, crawl, climb ladders, and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs
- Although work is performed indoors, conditions frequently become damp/wet due to the nature of production
- Work can become loud during bottling. Proper protective equipment is required such as ear protection and safety glasses.
Why Endless West
In a town full of companies that sell prospective hires on happy hours and ping pong tables, here's what we are uniquely able to offer:
- A small, flat organization. We don't believe in hierarchy for hierarchy's sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don't have any issues with being wrong. People's opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.
**Candidates must be currently local to San Francisco/Bay Area and be able to commute to/from the office located in the Dog Patch area of San Francisco.**
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Please visit our "careers" page to apply at www (dot) endlesswest (dot) com