Responsible for meeting and greeting residents, guests, prospective employees, suppliers, vendors, and outside service providers in a warm and professional manner. Monitor visitors entering the building and ensure they sign-in. Answer/transfer incoming phone calls and handle switchboard to respond to communication needs and inquiries. Keep environment of the lobby and front desk neat and clean.
Maintain resident data, such as directories, information sheets and other projects on the computer. May coordinator transportation for resident trips or outings. Assists the Business Office Manager with various projects and/or assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide ongoing telephone coverage.
2. Serve as concierge and greet guests, residents, prospective employees, vendors, suppliers, etc., either in person or on the telephone in a warm and professional manner.
3. Solve issues presented by residents, guests, vendors, and suppliers in a manner so that both the organizational objectives are met, as well as the individuals feel they were served appropriately. Keep difficult situations from escalating.
4. Accept delivery packages, document receipt of packages in log book, and notify the resident (recipient) of delivery.
5. Distribute packages, business mail, magazines, etc.
6. Maintain visitor log-in sheets or software.
7. Monitor closed circuit security TV cameras and fire alarm board, where applicable.
8. Maintain security for admittance to all entries accessible to public.
9. Prepare maintenance work orders as requested by residents and staff.
10. Ensure lobby area is kept neat and clean. Pick up debris and keep desk work area clutter free.
11. Assemble marketing brochures and materials, as needed.
12. Assist with resident sign-in for Life Enrichment events or other functions as needed.
13. Complete tasks on the computer, such as inputting resident data, maintaining data bases, creating notice sheets, creating documents to be shown on the internal television channel.
14. Maintain resident status list.
15. Greet prospective employees, provide job application, and explain next steps regarding interview process.
16. Complete the Applicant Tracking Log.
17. Assist the Business Office Manager with projects/assignments.
18. Supports creating a culture where the business decisions made in this position, along with individual employee engagement, drive top-line revenue and occupancy.
19. Makes scheduled rounds inside the buildings to maintain a secure environment for residents and their property as well as company property.
20. Responds to all fire alarms and apartment emergency calls.
21. Provides written report of any community incident during the shift that Director of Plant Operations and other administration may need to be aware of.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION OR OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Willingness to be available for any/all emergencies regarding the community
• Doctor’s statement verifying free from communicable disease, if applicable in your state
• Must possess current and valid driver’s license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed.
• Proficiency in the English language enabling the employee to read, write, comprehend and communicate simple instructions, correspondence, memos, etc.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
• Must demonstrate excellent telephone communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to compute simple math, including units of American money.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to multi-task, balance team and individual responsibilities, and respond promptly to resident and visitor needs.
Tools, equipment, machines used on the job:
• Personal computer
• General office equipment: printer, scanner, fax machine, copier, telephone
Physical activities of the position:
• Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
• Pushes and pulls up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
• Reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Talks and listens occasionally
• Sits, stands and walks frequently
Physical requirements of the job:
• Sedentary work – exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to move objects.