Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt; 30 Hours a week, available to work evening and/or
weekend time as needed; Hours may increase to 40 hours in the Summer
Directly Leads: Teaching Artists, Contractors, Volunteers, and Interns
REQUIREMENT: FLUENT/ENGLISH AND SPANISH
The Arts Education/ Outreach Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Actively identifying needs for arts education and outreach, planning, coordinating and promoting MCCLA classes, workshops, special cultural activities and events in coordination with programming staff.
2. Planning, budgeting and coordinating youth specific programming including but not limited to the Multicultural Arts Summer Youth Programming.
3. Active participation in MCCLA’s Special Events and Cultural Calendar (Including,Carnaval, Dia De los Muertos, etc.)
4. Conduct Outreach and raise MCCLA’s visibility at community events
A Non-Profit Community Arts Organization · 2868 Mission Street · San Francisco, CA 94110
Tel:------------ · Fax:------------ · ------------
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Actively recruits adults and youth for art education classes, SF Carnaval, and the MAS Youth program, introducing programs to schools and other youth programs and organizations throughout SF.
● Prepares and Gathers promotional and presentation materials for distribution
● Supports the media department to publicize all arts education workshops through MCCLA established channels, and the media outlets (e.g. web, social networks, print, radio, television, etc. )
● Creates an annual plan for outreach activities in the community
● Speaks and represents MCCLA at community events
● Works alongside Multimedia department to create social media content to raise MCCLA’s online visibility
Coordination and Development of Arts Education Workshop
● Stays current on MCCLA programming and community events, so as to engage and involve adults/youth in its cultural and special events.
● Develops a plan on a semester basis (July- Dec); (Jan- June) to include proposed:
○ Class Schedule, MAS Summer Program, Special activities and workshops
○ Space, equipment, and materials and supplies required
○ publicity, recruitment, and outreach efforts.
● Plans, budgets and coordinates the Multicultural Art Summer (MAS) Youth program
● Contacts and coordinates with teaching artists and contractors. Keeps track of changes and communicates with relevant parties as needed
● Tracks attendance of workshops and classes to ensure they are well subscribed
● Works closely with with Multimedia and Events Coordinators on all projects
● Plans and coordinates Carnaval, End of Semester Show, Corazon del Barrio: open houses and other events as needed
● Solicits participants feedback through online survey and online communication
● Maintains ongoing communication with MCCLA Departments
● Identifies and contacts sources for funding for Arts Education Workshops
● Guides and supervises support staff and/or volunteers as assigned
● Attends Required Meetings