Mental Health Counselor
A large portion of our population served are DCFS clients. Clients are also referred through Department of Workforce Services, Juvenile Justice System, and private and commercial referral. Expertise working with the entire age spectrum is preferred. Ability and desire to provide Telemental Health is required for those clients who request it.
Responsibilities: As a therapist you are a key component of the success of our therapy services. It is imperative that the person in this position is organized and goal oriented. They also must be able to manage their own caseloads and provide effective counseling to assigned patients. This position reports to the Clinical Director. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide direct clinical services including individual, family and group therapy/counseling
• Develop treatment plans, update plans as required, document progress in update reviews
• Create and maintain required reports, including court reports
• Provide case management which may include coordinating and linking families to community resources, consulting with internal team and other providers, making referrals as needed
• Assist in ensuring all aspects of programs are following state contracts and Medicaid requirements
• Ensure that all assessment and therapy sessions are documented and signed in an accurate and timely manner
• Assist in the meaningful growth of the therapy department and create and maintain positive relationships with case workers
• Cultivate and promote a positive and productive culture with employees and co-workers
• Other duties as needed, including but not limited to keeping work area clean and tidy, notifying office staff of needed supplies, assisting other therapists as needed.
Clinical Perspective: We practice from a trauma-informed perspective in all that we do at Sutton Counseling. The right candidate will come with this same scope and at least a base knowledge of trauma-informed care.
• Specialized training in EMDR, ART, or Neurofeedback preferred. After 90 days of employment, Sutton Counseling Services will work with you to become ART trained and will pay the cost of this training with a 2-year employee agreement.
• Treat issues including substance abuse, aging, relationships, LGBTQ, racism, sexism, bullying, sexual abuse, anger management, depression, anxiety, self-image, stress and suicide
• Work with families and parents to develop healthy communication, boundary setting, and overall basic parenting skills
Education/Training: Practicum and Intern students welcome to apply. Must have master’s degree or working toward it.
Performance Criteria: Evaluation of Therapist will be done semi-annually. Evaluation will be made by Clinical Director based on the following criteria:
1. Medicaid compliance of intake assessments, progress notes, treatment plans and review of discharge reports
2. Timeliness and accuracy of the above
3. Growth of client base and positive relationship with caseworkers and co-workers
4. Quality of problem-solving skills
5. Ability to work in an inter-disciplinary environment
6. Ability to make appropriate referrals out of the program
If you want to be a part of a strong clinical group who enjoy each other’s company and have passion for what we do, submit your application today and come meet us. We’d love to meet you! Submit your resume now to ------------