Mechanical Engineering Internship
Mechanical Engineer Internship
Uni-Fab Industries Inc. has an IMMEDIATE Internship opening for a Mechanical Engineer recently graduated or still in school. UFI is a Precision Sheetmetal & Machining Company serving the Semi-Conductor Equipment, Medical, Bio-tech, Electric Vehicle, and General Industries; located in Fremont, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Review drawings as part of a design review team for adherence to correct GD&T standards and internal company standards.
- Communicate with Engineers during the project review process.
- Interact with Programming for Best-in-Class manufacturing methods.
- Pursue various product types and systems to understand how to create product that adheres to company Quality, Design, and Best-in-Class standards.
- Manage NPI program to see new project through from Engineering to completion.
- Interact with ERP software to manage BOM’s and review item cards for accuracy and adherence to company standards.
- Quickly and accurately process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Work independently to get multiple simultaneous projects into production while keeping a balanced schedule.
- May be called upon to occasionally perform design activities as indicated by the department manager.
- Use knowledge and experience with hands- on manufacturing methods to model products that adhere to design for manufacture and design for assembly practices.
- Assist with achieving general department goals.
- Intern will be given an assignment to design, draw, and manufacture a product of their choosing to help further their knowledge of the complete manufacturing and shop processes.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
1. Candidate must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or soon to be graduating.
2. CAD experience (Soildworks preferred), preference will be given for candidates with official Solidworks certification.
3. He/She must be capable of understanding mechanism design, dimensioning complex geometry, measurement standards, and have a general understanding of materials.
4. Candidate must have very good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Enthusiasm is highly valued, as is the ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
6. Candidate should be self-started, disciplined and willing to work with a flexible work schedule.
Day shift : Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:30pm
Internship, Part-time 32 hours per week
Location: Fremont, CA.
COMPENSATION: Depending on experience and completion of College Degree
******Must be able to work in the US*******
For immediate consideration, please send updated resume