Marketing Paid Intern
As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, “Use your best judgement every day.” Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
The Marketing Intern is responsible to support Pocket Nurse’s day-to-day Marketing efforts through the execution of print and social media initiatives. This internship will provide you the opportunity to develop marketing skills and learn various marketing strategies by working hands-on with the team to develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This position requires above average attention to details, concern for correctness of work and a strong commitment to completing tasks on time. The work environment is stable and has a faster-than average pace that allows for a careful and cautious approach to work so it is done accurately and within deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
• Assists the Marketing team with the implementation of print and social media marketing plans including:
o Proofreading catalogs
o Scheduling social media posts
o Developing and updating mailing lists
• Conducts market research and identifies marketing plans to support seasonal events.
• Audits the e-commerce website and identifies opportunities for improved product marketing.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of an accurate customer contact database.
• Maintains confidentiality of all records, products, demographic information, website, graphic designs and proofs; as this information is the sole property of Pocket Nurse, not to be distributed, sold, or used as a bargaining mechanism with any or all other companies.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related field with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
o Able to provide a copy of college transcripts upon request.
• Prefers a student with an expected graduation date on or before Spring 2022.
• Available for 40 hours/week during Summer internships and 20 hours/week during Fall and Spring Semester internships
Skills and Experience:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and PowerPoint. Excel experience is a plus.
• Experience utilizing social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Highly organized, self-motivated and a deadline-oriented attitude.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective internal relationships.
• Experience with copywriting, editing and creative writing a plus.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and requires color and close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, and communicate routine information and understand problems and collaborate on alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and compose materials such as routine reports, forms, letters, manuals, catalogs, publications, etc. and communicate information; and compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: ------------
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).
Marketing, Social Media