STEP INC. a professional Counseling/ IOP service is seeking a LCADC/ CADC Intern that possess people skills and team-building skills, to work closely with the clients, as well as the desire to learn and grow in this field. Ideally, candidates who have some direct experience working with clients who are dealing with Alcohol and drug Addiction disorders.
Shifts: Part-time/ Full-time, W/ flexible days and hours
Duties, Responsibilities, Scope, and Essential Functions will entail:
Provide drug and alcohol intervention services to include individual and group therapy, as well as COD and psychoeducation.
Provide counseling to individuals regarding the use and effects of alcohol and drugs.
·Assist clients to identify their needs and make referrals to outside services; provide linkage to community AA and NA groups, facilitate educational groups.
·Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, review the client’s case and assess treatment plan.
· Maintain confidential written records of client interactions; create and maintain current records of the number of clients served and the issues; secure the confidentiality of all interactions and records.
· Follow up on the daily schedule and ensure that all activities are provided.
· Complete case management, COD case management for assigned caseload.
· Complete LOCI’s for NJSAM, MAP, and Drug Court clients on a monthly basis.
Required Education and Experience:
· Minimum of (1) year experience in addiction counseling
· High School diploma and some college
Required Licensing or Certifications:
· Working towards credentials (e.g., LCADC/ CADC)
· Driver’s License
Specialized Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
· Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Alcohol and Drug Counselor
· Demonstrate sound work ethics
· Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing and 12-step treatment methods
· Effective decision making in dealing with safety issues and emergency situations
· Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage time