Position Title: Internship – Full Time & Part Time
Reports to: Director of Construction
Position Summary: Haven Communities intent is to provide related work experience for talented young employees with the potential of offering a full-time career following their graduation. Our internships are competitive, offering fully-paid full-time & part-time opportunities.
As a member of our team, this person will have opportunities to learn construction project management skills and help with designing, planning and construction phases. Aptitude for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals will be critical for success. As a member of our team, we strive to create a family like atmosphere and that all team members do their part to contribute and feel like a vital part of the team.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by learning from project team members and sharing expertise with the project team. This is a paid cooperative education position requiring the ability to perform the responsibilities detailed below.
• Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
• Relationships: Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
• Communication & Writing Skills: Strong communication & writing skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
• Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation.
• Goal/Time-line Driven: Ability to complete tasks effectively on time, under a fast-paced environment.
• Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
• Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
• Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
• Will perform additional assignments per the Project Leader’s direction.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to ------------
Haven Campus Communities