Undercurrent is an art platform that provides local and international contemporary artists a forum to explore critical issues within art and culture in New York City. The gallery is seeking an intern to work on a part-time basis, 1-3 days per week, Thur-Sat, 1– 7pm, and to assist with all daily operations at the gallery. We are located in DUMBO at 70 John St., Brooklyn, NY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing general administrative support and maintenance
- Occasional availability for evening programs and events
- Punctually opening and closing the gallery
- Manning the front desk/entry
- Greeting visitors
- General administrative responsibilities and gallery maintenance
- Responding to visitors requests and forwarding further requests to staff
- Knowledge of Adobe programs, (Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign a plus)
- Knowledge of video editing is highly desirable
This gallery will provide an excellent opportunity for interns who are interested in gaining professional experience and learning the inner workings of a not for profit art space. Interns may also have a chance to go on studio-visits and meet artists. The ideal candidate must be motivated, proactive, responsible, personable, and detail oriented.
Send us your CV and cover letter to
with INTERNSHIP in the subject line.
Gallery, New York City, Non-profit, Internship