Would you like to work on projects that use high performance and low energy building systems? Interested in a great opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar industry reputation? Prefer to work in a smaller organization where you have access to Senior Leaders and can make an impact? Gain experience working in a “client first” engineering practice where AHA values professional and personal growth. AHA is a full-service MEP / FP consulting engineering firm, knowledgeable in the latest regulatory requirements and building codes. For over 25 years, we’ve been providing engineering assessments, design drawings, bid documents and construction administration for a wide variety of projects from small renovations to complete laboratories.
The intern will work with a Senior Mechanical Engineer to help provide engineering support for projects, primarily focusing on HVAC air and hydronic systems. This position will be responsible for helping with the design of new, and modifications to existing infrastructure systems within the facility for a diverse array of project types ranging from corporate, industrial, academic, multifamily, mission critical, and laboratories.
We’re seeking driven college students interested in MEP who:
• Want to learn from senior MEP Engineers in HVAC, Plumbing, Fire & Protection, Electrical and Sustainability
• Have experience in Revit and Auto CAD
• Are currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Civil, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
• Work in one of our offices in Lexington, MA or Boston
• Perform basic calculations
• Evaluate code compliance and research industry standards for engineering guidelines
• Assist with documentation
• Prepare materials for presentations or client meetings
• Assist with site visits for MEP systems
• Procure trade partners and equipment purchases
• Provide assistance, as needed or directed, to deliver a quality product on schedule
• Handle multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy
• Receive and follow through with specific or technical instructions
• Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements
• Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills
• Attend client meetings as necessary
• Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Civil, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
• Coursework in HVAC design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, visual programming (Python, C+)
• Available to work on site in the Lexington or Boston office during summer 2021. Partial remote work may be available. Consideration will be given to co-op students for different work times.
• A high level of interest with MEP systems relating to construction
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong initiative and problem solving abilities
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Time management skills, with the ability to handle various responsibilities while meeting strict deadlines.
Kindly send a resume and cover letter to: ------------.
For more information, please see our website at ------------.
Intern will be responsible for his/ her transportation and housing.
Please note that AHA does not accept staffing firm resumes and we do not sponsor.
EEO. AHA evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.