As the leading software provider for Transportation Management Systems, Transfinder is seeking enthusiastic, career-minded and motivated students to join the team as interns. The prime candidate for this paid internship will be someone who loves problem solving, has an analytical mind, and is looking to develop their professional skill set in preparation for graduation and beyond.
The intern will work closely with Data Specialists, Project Managers, Engineers, Applications Specialists, and Support Services team members. This individual will have the opportunity to learn and work alongside seasoned professionals and learn what it takes to be part of a growing software company.
• Coordinate technical calls from clients
• Assist in providing technical support to software end users, including, but not limited to the following topics: map editing, data imports, and troubleshooting technical questions
• Assist Installation Engineer and Support Specialists to learn the best practices for installing software and the set-up of an end user's environment
• Researching and collecting Custom Client Data. This position will require the individual to understand the importance of data security and be conscious of the data they are reviewing at all times
• Analyzing and providing feedback to the completeness of client data requirements
• Assist in reporting on internal data analytics
• Gain exposure to software industry and professionals
• Learn the requirements and expectations of documentation and standards
• Gain experience with tools such as Microsoft Dynamics, RDP Clients, reporting tools, and server management
Skills & Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years in current degree program
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable communicating with all levels of professional individual
• Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Transfinder Corporation was founded in 1988. Based in Schenectady, New York, the birthplace of innovation, Transfinder is a leader in logistics software, providing intelligent solutions to schools, municipalities and adult care facilities. Transfinder develops routing, scheduling and fleet maintenance solutions for optimal transportation logistics.
The company has been named to Inc. magazine’s fast-growing private companies list for 11 consecutive years. Transfinder has satellite offices in Austin, Texas, Shanghai, China and will soon be opening another office in Hyderabad, India. Transfinder’s solutions are built upon Esri’s industry-leading mapping and geographic information system (GIS) technology to deliver superior location intelligence and logistics management solutions.
Transfinder Corporation is growing and expanding in the Capital Region. Transfinder is continually recruiting professionals in software development, sales, and customer relations. We are seeking top performing professionals with a love of technology, strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills, and a commitment to customer quality service.