Position Title ISEP Enrollment Management Intern
Department Enrollment Management
Reports To Director of Enrollment Management
Compensation This position will be unpaid. Course credit must be provided.
FLSA Status Exempt, Unpaid, Part-time (approximately 25 hours per week)
Internship dates January - May 2021
Are you aspiring to work in the field of international education? Do you want to support a non-profit organization in fulfilling its mission of providing rewarding study abroad experiences to students from around the world? Are you looking for hand-on experience working for an education abroad provider? Do you want to sharpen your research skills and see how they can make an immediate impact? Then this internship may be for you.
ISEP is a non-profit educational community dedicated to helping students overcome academic and financial barriers to study abroad. Made of up 337-member colleges and universities from 53 countries around the world, we work together to help provide students access to affordable, high-quality programs, that in return help develop culturally sensitive skill sets needed for today’s global workforce.
The Research Intern will support ISEP’s Enrollment Management division and will be a key contributor to the team. This internship is important to allowing for increased mobility for students all over the world.
External: ISEP members and alumni
Internal: Director of Enrollment Management, Student Advisors, Member Relations
• Research best practices on advising and orientation for exchange students coming into the United States, develop appropriate advising guides based on research.
• Analyzing ISEP’s membership and student needs based on qualitative data and qualitative analysis.
• Conduct a student withdrawal analysis. Research when and why students withdraw. Research best practices to help reduce withdrawals.
• Bachelor’s degree in international education, international relations, humanities, or other related areas. Graduate level work in international education is strongly preferred.
• A proven record of strong research and data analysis skills.
• Outstanding communications skills with an ability to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders and experience providing quality customer service.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Facility with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Teams.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for international education and ISEP’s mission of inclusive excellence and affordability in global education.
• Foreign language ability.
• Self-directed, proactive, and enjoys working independently without extensive oversight.
• Regular professionalization sessions
• Access to the ISEP Alumni Association network and its library of resources
• Opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant
• Opportunity to work on substantive research projects that can result in a great reference
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS INTERNSHIP
• Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in ISEP and your qualifications for this internship.
• Send your submission to ------------ with the subject line: "Enrollment Management Intern"
• Application deadline: December 4, 2020.