Interior Design Intern
JOB TITLE: INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN
COMPANY: HILLSMAN INC.
LOCATION: ALPHARETTA, GEORGIA
Hillsman, a commercial interior design firm focusing on civic, corporate, healthcare, higher education, and hospitality projects is seeking an Interior Design Intern to join our team. Projects vary in size and scope from small renovations and additions to large multi-million dollar ground-up buildings.
Candidates should be in the 3rd year of an applicable accredited undergraduate interior design or interior architecture degree program. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, outgoing personality, be comfortable dealing with the public, and handle multiple tasks concurrently. Competence in the following software packages is preferred: AutoCAD, Revit, Power Point, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator. Must be motivated and a self-starter.
Scope of Responsibilities to include:
• Assist designers with furniture and finishes (specifications)
• Assist with presentation material, layouts and images.
• Assist team with the preparation of finish schemes, furniture selections and budgets,
• Assist team members with the production of drawings.
• Maintain the design library, material samples and scheduling of product presentations.
• Collaborate with team members from initial programming & space planning through construction documents.