The Horticulture Intern assists the Head of Science with the organic cultivation of the company’s smokable hemp flower. The Intern will be trained by the Head of Science in technical procedures, greenhouse operations, cannabis development, and probiotic cultivation practices.
• Assist Head of Science with propagating seeds and cutting clones from mother plants.
• Assist Head of Science with watering plants and maintaining proper environment in the greenhouses.
• Assist Head of Science with scouting for pests, brewing various organic teas, and spraying plants with organic pesticides.
• Assist with training plants.
• Assist with de-fanning as Head of Science deems necessary.
• Assist with harvesting, which includes cutting down plants, hanging plants to dry, and pulling stalks out of the soil.
• Log data points that Head of Science determines necessary throughout the day/week.
• Assist with collecting samples to be submitted to the lab for potency testing.
• Assists the Head of Science with other duties as assigned.
• Student pursuing a degree in Horticulture or related field.
• Ability to work in conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present.
• Ability to exert up to 15‐50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly in order to lift and move product.
• Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing on a step stool and/or ladder.
• Ability to crouch, grasps, and lift product above shoulders in order to lift product from the floor properly.
• Ability to be on feet while performing job responsibilities.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift.
REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE
• This position requires a 20‐hour minimum work week
• Report to Head of Science.
• Work closely with peer and other employees in the company.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURES COMPLIANCE
Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal laws concerning employment to include, but not limited to: I‐9 information, EEOC, Civil Rights and ADA.
This job description highlights the main components of the Horticulture Intern but is not inclusive of all activities that may be required.