Wood Family Vineyards is seeking a motivated individual to fill our Seasonal harvest cellar worker position. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on winery experience at a premium, family owned winery in the beautiful Livermore Valley. The Position opens September and ends mid to late November (seasonal work). The cellar worker will get training in all aspects of winemaking during the harvest.
- Cleaning wine tanks, wine barrels, and scrubbing valves and fittings.
- Cleaning and sanitation of crush equipment
- Daily set-up and break down of crush equipment
- Hydrating, filling, and topping barrels
- Brix readings, juice sampling, and wine sampling (if over 21 years of age)
- Cap management i.e., punch down
- sort grapes
- Assemble hoses with pumps for wine or juice transfers.
- Various other duties as assigned by the winemaking team
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- The ideal candidate will be motivated, hardworking, and pays close attention to detail
- Quick learner, energetic, and have a good attitude/sense of humor
- Must be a team player
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, must be able to follow written directions.
- Work in a safe manner around heavy equipment and potent chemicals
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Grasp, crawl, stoop, squat, carry, climb ladders, and stairs.
- Reach with hands and arms
- Bend at the waist
- Reliable transportation
The Ideal Candidate:
- Work up to six days a week and able to work split shifts
- Forklift skills are a plus
- Good mechanical skills are a plus.
- Live close to the winery.
Prior experience is preferred but not a requirement. If you have the desired interest, a great attitude towards a demanding and dynamic workplace, and want to have a fun time making exceptional wine, this is the job for you.
Job Types: Temporary
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $20.00 per hour
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• On call
• Self-determined schedule
• Weekend availability
Work Location: One location