Graphic Design Intern
Hope Squad is seeking a graphic design intern to support our corporate office team spreading our mission through K-12 schools and other programs (e.g., U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs).
Hope Squad is a school-based, peer-to-peer suicide prevention program in over 1,000 schools across the nation.
Mission: Reduce youth suicide through education, training, & peer intervention
Vision: A Hope Squad in every school
• Brainstorm, develop, and design overall layout and production design for product illustrations and packaging, websites, advertisements, brochures, sales support tools and displays, catalogs, product manuals, corporate reports, and more
• Create and design advertising art based on marketing/sales specifications, consulting with internal customers on scope, strategy, message, color/text style/layout, and additional preferences
• Take and edit photographs for company promotional materials
• Communicate and negotiate with marketing vendors on best price for best quality
• Assist with conference/trade show preparation and execution as needed
• Perform additional duties as needed
• Specific projects: Design school posters for themed year and weeks; Revamp "swag" offerings
• Working toward Graphic Design or related degree
• Dependable and committed work ethic; Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and also work on a team
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud software, databases, and tools proficiency preferred, but not required
• Strong attention to detail; strong time management, project management, and organizational skills; able to perform a wide variety of tasks and multi-task efficiently
• Open to and embraces feedback and guidance
• Quality #1 commitment; continuous-improvement, entrepreneurial, and proactive mindset
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week, dependent on hours required for college credit; Flexible hours available during business hours (8am-5pm); This position works out of our office (Riverwoods area), with the corporate team
To apply, submit resume and digital portfolio to ------------.