Graphic Design Intern
Thank you for considering a position a Tech For Good Inc. We are a nonprofit dedicated to making the world a better place though technology. We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team as an intern!
This is an educational internship opportunity where you will improve interpersonal and graphic design skills while developing designs for web, mobile, and machine learning software solutions for various projects our company is currently working on.
Some examples of our past projects are our lifesaving weapons detection system, community based ride-sharing application, and cloud optimization platform. Our projects are tailored to our employees'/interns' needs and preferred learning experiences.
- Using graphic design tools including design software to create and amend visual concepts.
- Conferring with users to understand their needs, and translating this to design strategies.
- Conceptualizing illustrations, logos, and other media based on requirements.
- Collaborating with team members to effectively create successful media.
- Following the stages of graphic design, from planning, to conception, detailed design, production, testing, delivery, and maintenance.
- Documenting and demonstrating graphic solutions through documentation, presentations, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code if necessary.
- Preparing graphic design solutions by determining and designing media standards, specifications, and if need be, programming.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in graphic design software.
- Understanding of the digital and print requirement for formatting.
- Understanding of layout, design, and typography.
- Creativity, organization, self-motivation, patience, reliability, self-evolution skills.
All work done at Tech For Good Inc is considered charitable work that is only meant for the good of the world. We hope that you will join us this winter and help us change the world with technology!
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
Benefits: College Credit
Internship, graphic design, technology, nonprofit